Windows 10: Backup does not automatically backup.

Discus and support Backup does not automatically backup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesHonl, Sep 9, 2018.

1. CharlesHonl Win User

Backup does not automatically backup.

backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up

:)

CharlesHonl, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Sean8 Win User

Automatic backup

I'm trying to setup automatic backup. In windows 7 I have it setup but it doesn't backup everything in that folder it backs up only stuff that was edited which causes confusion. Is there any easier way to automatically backup everything in a single folder to my external hd

Sean8, Sep 9, 2018
  3. capalbo Win User
    Automatic backup

RAID as a backup??? Your OS corrupts and you're still still fckd up!!!

Sean89 - you could consider Microsofy SyncToy (free).

Backup is a 2-pronged approach.

There is system backup / imaging that protects you against hardware failure or OS corruption. The Win 7 inbuilt backup is quite good at that. There are other products (more featured) such as Acronis - obviously not free.

However just a system backup is not enough. It's best to also have a file backup that will protect your user files (files you generate ex. documents) from deletion, overwriting, sudden corruption (MS excel anyone??) etc.

I use the Win 7 inbuilt backup for system state and Altaro Oops!Backup for file backup. Both products saved my ass a few times but it was the Oops!Backup product that i'm most thankful for!!! I work a lot with docs, photoshop, dreamweaver files etc and since I modify these files on a daily basis I always want to have the latest version of the files backed up - Altaro Oops!Backup Continuous Data Protection does that for me.

Acronis - Acronis
    Altaro Oops!Backup - Backup Software for Hyper-V & VMware | Altaro

capalbo, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Sean8 Win User

Need a Backup Solution

Automatic backup

newtekie1 helped alot with what he suggested. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now works awesome.

Sean8, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup does not automatically backup. - Similar Threads - Backup does automatically

2. backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup: I am backing up Windows 10 on external device. Soon will be buying refurb desktop with Windows 7 Pro. Can I install backup onto ''new'' computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup/8be56447-8256-45d3-a6f6-58e944c43fae
  3. Backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backups: Errors in backups: contacts, pictures, documents not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/backups/8a7a6cc0-7d1e-4a5a-9f05-fb56f0c37fd4
  4. backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup: How do I know my backup is working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup/ebc8e603-7044-48e7-b2fb-d27bb9ac826e
  5. Does BackUp to an external hd do a new backup with date?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does BackUp to an external hd do a new backup with date?: I have been backing up my Win10 to external harddrives. However, when I check the harddrives, the only File History I can find was dated 1.31.18 It seems as if when I want to change the HD used, the laptop balks at this and I have to go to Adv. Settings and turn backup on...
  6. Backup a folder automatically and incrementally

Backup a folder automatically and incrementally: Hi, I have a folder, for example: C:\MASTER -> (A) that I want to backup to: D:\MASTER_BACKUP -> (B) I want to do it manually or automatically when I want. "C:\MASTER" must be always untouched by the software, but also the software but compare A and B folder...
  7. sys image backup does not work

sys image backup does not work: I am using an ASUS A88XM-A mother board. I have made several system image backups on several different external drives. When i have tried to recover my system with the the backup drives I get the message the file format is incorrect ntfs your bios is set to EFI?. This is...
  8. File History does not backup Desktop

File History does not backup Desktop: Using Goodsync - 2 evenings wasted trying to fix File History - no more 20201
  9. Batchfile to automatically backup a folder

Batchfile to automatically backup a folder: I have tried several free file/folder backup utilities, with not much success. the most success I had was with backup maker, but although it states free for private use, it still pops,up a nag screen occaisonly, I could accept this better , if I jones in advance, rather...
  10. backups

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    backups: Hi everyone. I changed the name of my laptop to sister58, but when i perform a backup it backs up to deanie57. When I restore my files will I have a problem? I would like to have the backups to be label sister58. Is this possible? Any assistance will be appreciated. 51788