Windows 10: Backup drives

Discus and support Backup drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can one backup drive be used for multiple computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnBiedron1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Backup drives

Can one backup drive be used for multiple computers

:)

JohnBiedron1, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Nov 21, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Backup drives

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Backup drives

1. Backup drives - Similar Threads - Backup drives

2. Unable to backup File History on Storage Space drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to backup File History on Storage Space drive: I’m trying to set up and use Windows 10 File History for the first time. I go into Control Panel, File History, then Select drive, but only my D: drive (an internal SSD) and 3x network shares (on external NAS) appear on the list of drives recognised by File History. It does...
  3. Can't view backup hard drive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't view backup hard drive in file explorer: I have a G Drive Mobile device that I used to backup a Mac. I'm am transferring to a Windows 10 laptop. When I plug in the device into one of the USB slots, the laptop makes a noise like it has recognized a device, but it doesn't show in File Explorer. It DOES show when I...
  4. Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D.": Hello, Earlier this year, I was asked by my system to discontinue backing up Image files on Drive "D" and to use an external drive for backups, to which I complied by backing up files to an external disk "F." My questions are as follows: 1) Since I am basically no...
  5. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  6. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  7. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  8. Error code 0x80070032 when creating Backup to an External drive

Error code 0x80070032 when creating Backup to an External drive: I get the above referenced error code when trying to set up a backup to an external hard drive. Specifically, I am trying to back up files on a server from my desktop. ***Modified title from: Error code 0x80070032***...
  9. error to software backup from drive

error to software backup from drive: I can't recover my software from drive cause it takes too much data to download .is there any other way to install my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-to-software-backup-from-drive/f0f4215b-e878-40b4-aed5-f9b736482452
  10. I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10: I have updated to Win 10, and now cannot delete any old backups on my D drive which is almost full. Win 10 does not allow me to change the backup device to D so I can delete them....