Windows 10: Backup error, some files missing

Discus and support Backup error, some files missing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Mods, if there's a better sub forum for this please move it and thank you *Smile tenforums doesn't have a backup and restore forum yet. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CmmTch, Aug 19, 2015.

1. CmmTch Win User

Backup error, some files missing

Mods, if there's a better sub forum for this please move it and thank you *Smile tenforums doesn't have a backup and restore forum yet.

The problem is when I do a backup, I get an error message "The backup completed but some files were skipped" I've taken a snip and included it below. Those three files are actually missing, I was not able to find them.

I would like to resolve this minor problem, the backup completes with no problems and if I ever need it since the files are missing right now, I can't see where it would affect a restore from backup. Any help, suggestions, or idea's are welcomed, as mentioned it doesn't appear to be service affecting, but I'd like to clear it up if I can.

My backups are set for weekly, Sunday at 7:00pm (I've just upgraded to W10 this week from Win7 and that setting followed the upgrade) after I had the backup HDD setup (deleted Win7 part, created new part for W10) I ran backup. My setting for what to backup is "Let Windows Choose" I also have an image made each time, have it set to only keep the most recent image.

Backup error, some files missing [​IMG]

:)

CmmTch, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 Backup missing files

Hi there,

so far I've noticed the missing files are .doc. There are also some pdfs. They are all located in the Documents and its subfolders. There are no error messages associated to the backup.

Fardashian, Aug 19, 2015
  3. lwdaddio Win User
    Windows 10 backup recovery error

I keep getting an error after the Windows 10 Backup Recovery (Windows 7) completes saying it skipped some files. It reports that it's missing the 'Podcasts' in C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile. I tried created a subdirectory there by that name
    and the first backup then is okay but the next backup fails, skipping the same file. Any idea what I can do to keep from getting this error? I hate doing a system backup that comes up with a red banner warning of an error!

lwdaddio, Aug 19, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

I cleared this error message after a backup, while I was in file explorer for another reason I saw these three files under C:\Users\Steve, LocalLow, Contacts, and Searches, these three folders listed below showed as missing in the backup error report.
    C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Appdata\LocalLow,
    C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Contacts, and
    C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Searches.
    Thought I'd try something to see if it would fix this minor problem.

I highlighted each folder in C:\Users\Steve that showed as missing from location C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$ in the error report, left clicked and copied the folder. Then navigated to the respective location and pasted the folder I had copied. I did this one folder at a time for all three folders in the error report.

After doing that I ran backup, no error messages about anything so this is solved, posted the resolution in case anybody else has a similar problem, thanks to all who took their time to look at this post *Smile

CmmTch, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Backup error, some files missing - Similar Threads - Backup error files

2. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  3. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  4. Security Tab is missing in some files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Tab is missing in some files.: For certain files the security tab is missing in properties WIndows 10. The problem is only on some files and other are fine. I have tried to adjust the policy definitions - didnt workTried to update the regisrty in powershell admin - didnt workThe problems comes up when I...
  5. Why are some Onedrive files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some Onedrive files missing: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. Last August I moved a directory along with sub-directories to my Onedrive folder and to clear up space, I asked to have them remain on-line. Today, I went looking for some of the files and found the directories still there with empty...
  6. backup completed but some files were skipped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup completed but some files were skipped: I've been encountering the above message the last couple of days when I use backup and restore. When I view skipped files it shows me this:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\yeshe\Videos\EditVideos. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002I remember deleting a...
  7. windows 10 backup error some files are skipped

windows 10 backup error some files are skipped: windows 10 backup error some files are skipped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-error-some-files-are-skipped/8cf5e664-c700-4b9b-a66b-806182855628
  8. Missing file on backup

Missing file on backup: I've previously asked this question and had an answer which proved non conclusive so I'd like to try again with added info. When I do a backup everything goes OK except that I keep getting the message that one file was missing....
  9. missing some important windows files

missing some important windows files: i just accidentally delete windir%/system32 system32 properties advanced.exe file now how can i recover this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-some-important-windows-files/002c4464-928a-470c-a738-9dad36f1ef84
  10. Windows backup missing some files

Windows backup missing some files: Back in May, I posted a question about Windows Backup needing to be restarted after a Windows update....