Windows 10: Backup error

Discus and support Backup error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi folks, back again. I've just realised that backup to my external hard drive (Freecom HDD) hasn't worked since I upgraded to 10. It is shown on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by longdog, Oct 16, 2015.

1. longdog Win User

Backup error

Hi folks, back again. I've just realised that backup to my external hard drive (Freecom HDD) hasn't worked since I upgraded to 10. It is shown on my list of drives but when run backup I get the following error message 'Task object version is either unsupported or invalid (Ox80041313)'.
    You will see from my previous posts that I am not a computer expert by any means and I think I'm doing everything right but have no idea what that error message means.
    Apparently I can't create a system image, the drive is quite a few years old now, could that be the reason?
    If someone can help an old duffer to backup his files I would be very grateful.

:)

longdog, Oct 16, 2015

2. Nokia 5500 Sport - no stopwatch?

Hey, you're right. Actually I had forgotten about that. It's a pity that it doesn't suit motorsports or any other precise measurements because it doesn't have hundredths of seconds but it's a start. It's also annoying that it saves the exercise data everytime
    I simply want to time an activity.

Thanks though.

backup---01, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Nokia 5500 Sport - no stopwatch?

I'm pretty sure one was not included, odd as it may seem. I was **bleep**.

The software you mentioned does the trick but costs 10 bucks. Feels like a hack too.

Anyway thank you for you help.

backup---01, Oct 16, 2015
  4. longdog Win User

Backup error

Apparently it's FAT 32 and I wonder whether this is compatible with 10.

longdog, Oct 16, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    The file size created by FAT32 is 4GB max and might be the problem. Re-format your drive with NTFS and try again to see if it fixes.

topgundcp, Oct 16, 2015
  6. longdog Win User
    Thanks topgundcp. Reformatted drive and all backed up. Why couldn't Windows have put 'Please consider reformatting disc' instead of, to me, all that mumbo jumbo.
    Anyway, thanks again.

longdog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup error

1. Backup error - Similar Threads - Backup error

2. Backup Restore Error Code 0x81000036

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Restore Error Code 0x81000036: I am trying to restore a backup from last week of one of my hard drives. When I try to restore the backup, an error pops up that says: "The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Windows Backup encountered an error. Please try again. 0x81000036."I have...
  3. Backup Restore Error Code 0x81000036

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Restore Error Code 0x81000036: I am trying to restore a backup from last week of one of my hard drives. When I try to restore the backup, an error pops up that says: "The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Windows Backup encountered an error. Please try again. 0x81000036."I have...
  4. Installed Microsoft backup on new laptop in error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Microsoft backup on new laptop in error: I bought a new laptop to replace my husband’s laptop that had a hard drive failure. When setting up the new laptop, I entered my Microsoft info and said to restore from the latest backup. The new laptop has all of MY laptops files and not his. What is the best way to correct...
  5. Installed Microsoft backup on new laptop in error

Installed Microsoft backup on new laptop in error: I bought a new laptop to replace my husband’s laptop that had a hard drive failure. When setting up the new laptop, I entered my Microsoft info and said to restore from the latest backup. The new laptop has all of MY laptops files and not his. What is the best way to correct...
  6. JSON value not found error when attempting backup of Bitlocker recovery info to Entra ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JSON value not found error when attempting backup of Bitlocker recovery info to Entra ID: I'm having an issue on multiple Entra ID joined not hybrid joined Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 endpoints failing to back up the Bitlocker recovery information to Entra ID/Intune. Here is the on-screen error displayed when trying to do this backup through the UI.ScreenshotThis...
  7. JSON value not found error when attempting backup of Bitlocker recovery info to Entra ID

JSON value not found error when attempting backup of Bitlocker recovery info to Entra ID: I'm having an issue on multiple Entra ID joined not hybrid joined Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 endpoints failing to back up the Bitlocker recovery information to Entra ID/Intune. Here is the on-screen error displayed when trying to do this backup through the UI.ScreenshotThis...
  8. While restoring the image backup j am getting the error in hp 240 g8 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While restoring the image backup j am getting the error in hp 240 g8 laptop: While restoring the image backup j am getting the error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-restoring-the-image-backup-j-am-getting-the/be469234-3aa2-4448-ae80-d08096ba9849
  9. While restoring the image backup j am getting the error in hp 240 g8 laptop

While restoring the image backup j am getting the error in hp 240 g8 laptop: While restoring the image backup j am getting the error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-restoring-the-image-backup-j-am-getting-the/be469234-3aa2-4448-ae80-d08096ba9849
  10. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: So I was backing up pictures from a phone to a USB, directly moving them not copying using android's file manager. I connected the usb directly to the phone so this didn't happen through a PC. Safe to say I regretted that.Now the USB is unreadable by every phone I tried to...