Windows 10: Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version)

Discus and support Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using the app version of OneNote coming with Windows 10 for some time now. It used to sync fine with OneDrive allowing me to work from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marc.uk, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Marc.uk Win User

Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version)

Hi,

I've been using the app version of OneNote coming with Windows 10 for some time now. It used to sync fine with OneDrive allowing me to work from different devices. I was using an Office365 login which has been changed (at my request) and now OneNote can't sync any more because I'm logged into OneNote with the old login and into OneDrive with the new one. I'm afraid of losing the content of my OneNote Notebook if I click on Logout because the message says : "Remove this account" and if I login with the new login I get an empty Notebook.

What should I do to save my work before and importing it back ?

Thanks in advance,

:)

Marc.uk, Feb 4, 2019
  2. ACE Lexus Win User

Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks

Hi all,

Somehow, sometime, my OneNote notebook files have been deleted.

I can still view the notebooks and their contents on the Windows 10 OneNote app and the OneNote iPad app but I just cannot sync them because it states:

"We can't access this section file or the attached file because the file was moved....."

How can I save another copy, export the data of the notebook files to rescue 7 years of notes?

Thanks

Alex

FWIW:

Windows 10 OneNote Version 16001.10228.20003.0

iPad Version 16.14

I also have OneNote as part of my Office suite but suspect this isn't relevant as the notebooks I need to rescue haven't been loaded / ?cached into it. Seems as though it's much easier to backup and save notebook copies in the Office version and I may live
    to regret using the app (lite!) version integrated into Windows 10! Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version) :(

ACE Lexus, Feb 4, 2019
  3. How to Open Unreconized 2016 Notebooks in Win10 OneNote App

I've been running OneNote 2016 and prior versions of OneNote on my now Windows 10 desktop computer for years. Due to Microsoft changes, it's time to convert to the Windows 10 OneNote app. Many of my existing notebooks were recognized by the OneNote app
    and moved to the OneDrive Cloud (I guess). Those notebooks are currently playing nicely with OneNote 2016 and the Win10 OneNote app.

Unfortunately, some of my existing 2016 notebooks are seen by the OneNote app but won't move to the cloud because it can't find the notebook (or whatever) or it is not seen at all by the app. Strangely, a quick check reveals several of the notebooks the
    Win10 OneNote app can't find or read are in the OneDrive backup folder and the OneDrive\Documents\OneNote folder.

Although I hate to think it's true, I may have to make OneDrive versions of the folders the OneNote app can't open and fill them with recovered files from the backup folder of OneDrive. I just proved OneDrive versions of the folders stuffed with recovered
    files work, but I'd like an easier way if possible. Many steps were required for one, small notebook. At some point, Microsoft changed the notebook type and started a new folder for them in the Windows directory. Notebooks in the old folder won't work with
    the OneNote app so far as I know. I hope someone proves me wrong.

Jersey-Devil, Feb 4, 2019
  4. fifer Win User

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fifer, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version) - Similar Threads - Backup export save

2. How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup: My notebook in onedrive has suddently become empty, and therefore I can't sync to it anymore. Luckily I have a backup.This backup however is in a folder format, where the Notebook is a folder, the section groups are folders and then the sections are .one files. How do I...
  3. How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup: My notebook in onedrive has suddently become empty, and therefore I can't sync to it anymore. Luckily I have a backup.This backup however is in a folder format, where the Notebook is a folder, the section groups are folders and then the sections are .one files. How do I...
  4. Export configuration or Onenote blocks

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Export configuration or Onenote blocks: Hi there, I am trying to migrate a OneNote from a Windows 10 computer to a new computer. OneNote has a lot of blocks, I'm trying to export them so I don't have to do it one by one by hand. I have located the folders in \AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0 and...
  5. Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.

Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.: I have just installed Office 2019 and straight away afterwards I installed the OneNote desktop app. From what I have read elsewhere, one of the export options in the OneNote desktop app ought to be docx, but that isn't available to me. I have options to export to mht, pdf,...
  6. OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10: Today, I clicked on "close a notebook" and it has disappeared from existence. I checked all my folders on my computer, it did not save anywhere. I tried looking at recently deleted on OneNote, it wasn't there. I thought that closing a notebook meant closing a notebook,...
  7. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  8. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  9. Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC: I have install windows 10 on a previous PC, which contain some game saves. I just install Windows 10 to a new PC, and would like to import my previous game saves and app settings.. So is there anyway to backup the game saves and app settings of Window Store apps/games...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export onenote notebook

2. onenote for windows 10 export notebook

3. export onenote windows 10

4. export onenote notebook windows 10,
  5. copy onenote notebook,
  6. export onenote notebook app version,
  7. export notebook onenote for windows 10,
  8. how do i backup one note for windws 10,
  9. how to export onenote notebook windows 10,
  10. export onenote for windows 10,
  11. FIND EXPORT TO ONENOTE WIN 10,