Windows 10: Backup fail

Discus and support Backup fail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My iphone fail to back up but it still used 22gb of hard disk space that i can’t get back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteeledFiddle33, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Backup fail

My iphone fail to back up but it still used 22gb of hard disk space that i can’t get back.

:)

SteeledFiddle33, Jan 16, 2019
  2. msaba497 Win User

Backup fails

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did Step 1 OK.

Doing Step 2: Volume Shadow Copy is already running, but I have no SPP Notification Service in the list of services!

I just tried to backup, and it failed again!

Back in August when the Backup failed, someone told me about STARTING VSS. I did that then, and it appears to be running since then. He did not say anything about SPP. I replied to him, but he disappeared!

M. Saba

msaba497, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Backup fail [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Backup fail

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Backup fail

1. Backup fail - Similar Threads - Backup fail

2. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 Backup fails to back up: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a 1TB SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  3. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 Backup fails to back up: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a 1TB SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  4. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.: Trying to run a backup of my C: drive. Backup program keeps complaining: “Checking the partition found errors on 1 partitions without drive letter Unknown Partition. Click '0K' to create sector by sector backup or 'Cancel' the backup.”Backup program tech support says the...
  6. Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.

Backup on C: "fails". EaseUS TODO backup app.: Trying to run a backup of my C: drive. Backup program keeps complaining: “Checking the partition found errors on 1 partitions without drive letter Unknown Partition. Click '0K' to create sector by sector backup or 'Cancel' the backup.”Backup program tech support says the...
  7. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?: I regularly take backup of my computer by creating system image of the C drive. I do so by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and clicking the "Create a system image" link. Till date it was working fine, but once I updated from Window 7 to Windows...
  8. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?: I regularly take backup of my computer by creating system image of the C drive. I do so by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and clicking the "Create a system image" link. Till date it was working fine, but once I updated from Window 7 to Windows...
  9. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...