Windows 10: Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

Discus and support Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IzWebUsr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. IzWebUsr Win User

Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem began after a relatively recent Windows update.

Any ideas on what might be going on and how to fix this?

:)

IzWebUsr, Aug 5, 2018

2. Automatically backup OneDrive Files?

Hi,

I would suggest you to use EaseUS Todo Backup.

After downloading this Kindly follow follow below mentioned steps, i am hopeful that your issue will be resolves by doing this.

*Launch EaseUS's free backup software and choose "File Backup" option to back up files from your computer or other devices to OneDrive.

*Select the files or folders you want to back up. Then click "Destination" to select the Cloud Storage > Add Cloud storage service so that you can save your files to OneDrive.

*Click "Schedule" option to open the Backup Scheme window, here you can create a scheduled backup plan to back up files daily, weekly, monthly or upon an event. For example, you can set at 5 pm, then it will automatically back up these files every day at 5
    pm.

*Click "Proceed" to automatically back up files to OneDrive.

You are Done

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Automatically backup OneDrive Files?

Is there a way to use Windows 10 File History utility to automatically backup my files that are already on OneDrive? I can add the folders in the File History utility, but when the backup is performed, the files are not actually saved.

I know that most people backup files to OneDrive, but I want to make sure that I have automatically saved offline versions as well just in case I delete something by accident, or am hit with ransomware. Without an offline copy, the ransomware will be able
    to make my automatically synchronized files useless as well.

I know that I can manually download the files, but the ability to keep updated versions is preferable.

Mr.aReCool, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

Use File History to Backup OneDrive Content

Technical Level : Intermediate

Summary

This article details how to backup OneDrive content to another storage medium using the built-in Windows backup tool File History. For more details about File History, read this page:

Restore files or folders using File History

This is valid on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

Details

OneDrive is a great tool for syncing and sharing files via Microsoft accounts, however, it's a syncing tool first and files can be permanently deleted. A good practice is to use File History in conjunction with OneDrive so any changes are automatically backed
    up to a different location without fear of files being deleted.

Setup OneDrive to Sync all Critical Files Worthy of Backup

Before you can backup anything in OneDrive using File History, configure it so OneDrive syncs everything to your computer:

• (Windows 10 and Windows 7) Choose the files and folders you want to sync to your computer
    • (Windows 8.1) Choose the folders and files you want to "Make Available Offline"
    Wait for OneDrive to finish syncing all content before continuing to the next step.

Setup a Drive for File History

After you configure OneDrive to sync the content you need, setup a drive to use File History:

Set up a drive for File History

Large, slow drives are ideal for File History, whether they're inside of the computer or connected via a USB on the outside. When you setup File History it should automatically backup all Library folders, OneDrive folders, and other
    common Windows folders. If you don't see your OneDrive folders, manually add them.

Once configured, File History will run on the frequency you chose and will backup your OneDrive files if there are changes; File History uses a more intelligent backup process and will only backup if it detects changes. If a file
    changes frequently, you'll see many versions, possibly a version every time File History runs, otherwise, you may see the original version if it never changes.

If you lose a file and need to restore it, follow these instructions to restore a file from File History:

Restore files or folders using File History

stanimal21, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

1. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive - Similar Threads - Backup fails backup

2. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  3. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  4. OneDrive File Syncing and Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File Syncing and Backup: Just set up a new Windows 11 laptop for a senior in a nearby retirement community. Copied all his data to the new machine. Signed into Onedrive and went to "choose folders" in settings. Desktop, Documents and Pictures were available to "check", but music was not. He has lots...
  5. OneDrive File Syncing and Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive File Syncing and Backup: Just set up a new Windows 11 laptop for a senior in a nearby retirement community. Copied all his data to the new machine. Signed into Onedrive and went to "choose folders" in settings. Desktop, Documents and Pictures were available to "check", but music was not. He has lots...
  6. how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive: when i unsync one folder in a folder synced by onedrivestupid onedrive delete it from my pc, super high-hand microsoft **** tactics, no wonder people hated microsoftso how do i exclude one folder from backup in a folder that is synced to onedrivewhy delete my pc copy when i...
  7. File Backup to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Backup to Onedrive: I see Windows has backup to Onedrive, but I don't see a scheduler. Is there a built in scheduler for Windows Backup? Thanks, Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-backup-to-onedrive/6023d0f3-2678-4b7b-a10f-af70ed7ad592
  8. backup files/folders

backup files/folders: I need to recover files/folders from backups performed by previous versions of Windows. I presently use Windows 10, and when I click on to select a folder, I get a message that the files/folders are not partitioned etc., and need to be fixed first. On Settings, it shows that...
  9. File and Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File and Folder Backup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I get messages: "file and folder backup missed a scheduled backup," "file and folder backup will start in [x] seconds," then "job cannot run because of invalid destination." How can I disable this whole process, so that I don't get these...
  10. Backup and OneDrive

Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"