Windows 10: Backup Failure

Discus and support Backup Failure in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm Nnot my problem will have a solution. Stupidity reigns. Win10 1803.. I backed up a few different ways to my ext drive. I have have backups with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Burris, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Burris Win User

Backup Failure

I'm Nnot my problem will have a solution. Stupidity reigns.

Win10 1803..

I backed up a few different ways to my ext drive.
    I have have backups with xml files and one with zip files. Don't ask me how.
    I tried restoring and ended up with all the necessary thunderbird files individually on the desktop among a hundred others, and only if I leave the correct ones there, will thunderbird start and run properly.
    I can certainly delete the ones I don't need but have no idea what to leave.
    I couldn't find a way to restore either file format and have no idea as to how to insert the files on the desktop back into the thunderbird profil if it even be done..

System restore for some reason only has the last 5 restore files(I haven't deleted any) and they end up in the same place.
    If anyone can help, this forum is the only place for me to look.

thanks in advance.

:)

Burris, Dec 5, 2018

2. Macirum Backup Failures

After working flawlessly for months, Macrium Reflect is now failing, backing up only one out of the past five days. I have received differing errors; today, both in my schedule backup and with an entire new backup schedule, the failure is "Write Operation Failed - Access is denied."
    I just created a new folder in the folder on my external hard drive E that is used by Macrium, so at least not all access is denied, although I have no idea what creating that folder actually proved.

I have removed and reinstalled Macrium; I have rebooted each day that the backup failed, which worked each time, only to have it fail the next day, except for yesterday, which was the day after the reinstall of Macrium.

I deleted the folder previously used by Macrium and created a new one, the one where today's backups have failed. A search for the error message in the Macrium database did not help. The log files for today's failures don't either; they end with lists of shadow copies created (whatever that means,) and do not have any error information.

I think that is a recounting of the steps I have taken to try to fix the problem(s.) Assistance is rather obviously solicited.

Not Myself, Dec 5, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    Macrium Reflect Backup Failures

Hi.
    I don't understand why you're contacting Dell and MS? *Confused
    I thought we were going to try my instructions in post #115?
    Those steps need to be performed, in that order.
    A repair install should not be done until post #115 is completed and results known for each step, where appropriate.

simrick, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Geekoid Win User

Backup Failure

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup Failure

1. Backup Failure - Similar Threads - Backup Failure

2. How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...: I am using Azure backup agent for daily backups of a desktop computer. On the same day each week, the backup fails with status 'Completed with warnings'Warning message: The encryption passphrase has not been validated to meet requirements. This is required to ensure...
  3. How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...: I am using Azure backup agent for daily backups of a desktop computer. On the same day each week, the backup fails with status 'Completed with warnings'Warning message: The encryption passphrase has not been validated to meet requirements. This is required to ensure...
  4. How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems booting Windows after recovery with backup image - recovery needed due to SSD failure

Problems booting Windows after recovery with backup image - recovery needed due to SSD failure: I was running a system with boot image on NVMe drive 2TB... one day it just failed. I was using the computer when it failed, computer died and it never recognized the drive again... I've been backing up system images to my 2TB RAID HHD...I install a 2TB HHD to restore system...
  6. Problems booting Windows after recovery with backup image - recovery needed due to SSD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems booting Windows after recovery with backup image - recovery needed due to SSD failure: I was running a system with boot image on NVMe drive 2TB... one day it just failed. I was using the computer when it failed, computer died and it never recognized the drive again... I've been backing up system images to my 2TB RAID HHD...I install a 2TB HHD to restore system...
  7. Problems booting Windows after recovery with backup image - recovery needed due to SSD failure

8. Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10: I am not able to save a system image to my external hard drive. This is the message: "The backup failed. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location0x8078014B. Additional Information: This indicates that a notify change request has been...
  9. Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10

Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10: I am not able to save a system image to my external hard drive. This is the message: "The backup failed. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location0x8078014B. Additional Information: This indicates that a notify change request has been...
  10. Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10