Windows 10: backup File History not starts automatically

Discus and support backup File History not starts automatically in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I created a backup using Files History in W10 1903. The problem is that it never starts automatically. I recreated few times from scratch and set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mla, Nov 26, 2019.

1. MLA
    mla Win User

backup File History not starts automatically

Hi I created a backup using Files History in W10 1903.
    The problem is that it never starts automatically.

I recreated few times from scratch and set it to Daily, every 12 hours...
    It works fine manually, when press the button Backup Now.

The backup is configured to copy files from local folder to mapped network drive.

I asked the question on MS forum. One suggestion was to clean config files and restart it.
    Basically it is the same of recreation. What I did.

As we know this nice utility is pretty obscure. So, where to find the traces of the problem?
    May be somebody here can help.
    Thanks.

:)

2. Allan Mej Win User

File History does not start automatically

As I previously mentioned, Backup Using File History does not start automatically. But, you can set it to start automatically. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Find and click File History Service.
    • Change the Startup type to Automatic and apply changes.
    • Press OK.

Let us know how things goes on your PC.

Allan Mej, Nov 26, 2019
  3. File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

• Press Windows key+I.

• Click on Update and security.

• On the left pane, click on backup and select on under automatically back up my files.

• Click on more option under on button.

• Select every hour (default) under back up my files.

• Select forever (default) under keep my files.

Also refer the link below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

Also work in Windows 10

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Nov 26, 2019
  4. backup File History not starts automatically

File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

I suggest you to File History service, restart the computer and then set it as Automatic from the services and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps:-

1. Press Windows key + R and open Run command window.

2. Type services.msc and hit
    Enter.

3. Right click on File History from the list.

4. Select Stop. Restart the computer and repeat the first three steps.

5. Click on Properties
    and set the set Startup type to Automatic.

6. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

backup File History not starts automatically

1. backup File History not starts automatically - Similar Threads - backup File History

2. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  3. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  4. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  6. File history backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history backup: Windows 10 v 2004.I notice when selecting Settings-Windows Update-Backup-the option to "add a drive" to back up using file history has been replaced with "Automatically back up my files"although not ON as default. How does this work to back up to a seperate drive? 158363
  7. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  8. File History won't start automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History won't start automatically: Can anyone explain why file history won't start automatically when I restart my computer? (At least that's why I thin it keeps stopping). Is it possible I have set a process not to start automatically and if so how do I 'resurrect it'?...
  9. w10 file history backup - can it be started other than using "backup automatically" slider?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 file history backup - can it be started other than using "backup automatically" slider?: I watched a Utube video where the commentator indicated one could periodically backup manually. Does that mean that one slides the subject slider on, then goes to options and performs "backup now", then returns slider to the off position? I tried this and it did not change...
  10. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"