Windows 10: Backup files that Windows creates with file history

Discus and support Backup files that Windows creates with file history in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Does anyone know where I can see the created Backup files that Windows creates with the file history function?? I defined my file history to backup to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by neotek, Feb 14, 2019.

1. neotek Win User

Backup files that Windows creates with file history

Does anyone know where I can see the created Backup files that Windows creates with the file history function??
    I defined my file history to backup to NAS, but I can't find the files there and also found no function to see the used share in the settings... *Think

:)

neotek, Feb 14, 2019

2. Unable to create File History backup with error: "File History doesn’t recognise this drive" on Windows 10

Hi Brain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a File History backup on your drive, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because the drive is not detected as a backup drive on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Where have you tried to create the backup when you say: "old windows 7 backup and restore is still on the computer"?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to see all the files and folders on your computer before creating the backup?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article about: What if something
    goes wrong in File History?
    and check if it helps.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    File History

Hi Anastasia,

File History creates a backup of your files automatically and stores the backup on an external hard drive. It might be disconnected for too long that may cause interruption. To address your inquiry, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reconnect your File History drive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Backup files that Windows creates with file history

File History backups

Hi William,

To help you with your File History backups issue, we suggest running the
    System File Checker
    with the steps found on this
    thread

Update us on the results.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Backup files that Windows creates with file history

1. Backup files that Windows creates with file history - Similar Threads - Backup files creates

2. MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file: Hello, Weekly Windows 10 backups have been done on an external disk, until it had a fatal hardware error. Switched backups to hard drive D and backups are working fine. However, I noticed that when I access the backup history file, to delete previous backups, there is a...
  3. MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file: Hello, Weekly Windows 10 backups have been done on an external disk, until it had a fatal hardware error. Switched backups to hard drive D and backups are working fine. However, I noticed that when I access the backup history file, to delete previous backups, there is a...
  4. MMC could not create snap-in file in backup history file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  6. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  7. Files/backup/File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files/backup/File History: I have an external hard drive for backups and files history, I went to storage and directed the files to its drive, so how do I stop 10 from sending it to onedrive and my external drive? Now that the program files are not on my C drive do I have to reinstall 10 again?...
  8. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  9. File History/File Backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    File History/File Backup: What is the best way to back up my computer using Windows 10. I was using File History and it is not completing the process. [ATTACH] The screen capture shows a backup on 10/15/2019 but there are no updated files showing up on my external drive....
  10. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"