Windows 10: backup folder missing

Discus and support backup folder missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I selected a folder on my C:\ to back up in addition to the default folders. When I reboot my computer that folder is missing from my selected folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterBinaxas, Aug 9, 2019.

1. backup folder missing

I selected a folder on my C:\ to back up in addition to the default folders. When I reboot my computer that folder is missing from my selected folders to be backed up. any ideas?

:)

PeterBinaxas, Aug 9, 2019

2. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what
    I want. I just want to delete all folder names from those lists. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete a listed folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

WP51 user even now, Aug 9, 2019
  4. backup folder missing

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

backup folder missing

1. backup folder missing - Similar Threads - backup folder missing

2. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  3. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  4. Backup to folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to folder?: So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup onto it but windows needs a drive to do such a thing and NextCloud provides me with only a folder. What do i do? 177876
  5. Missed Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Missed Macrium backup: Macrium missed an incremental back up last night and there was no entry in the log file The PC was asleep this morning but even after waking it the task did not rerun this morning Also, the task is set to wake up if the PC is asleep at the scheduled time Previously I used the...
  6. Missing item in backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing item in backup: I've tried to get an answer on this before under a different heading but unsuccessfully. How can I resolve a backup issue where backup completes OK except for one so called missing file. The report tells me that...
  7. Missing file on backup

Missing file on backup: I've previously asked this question and had an answer which proved non conclusive so I'd like to try again with added info. When I do a backup everything goes OK except that I keep getting the message that one file was missing....
  8. Missing Folders & Files After External Backup

Missing Folders & Files After External Backup: Not using the OneDrive Cloud or the Windows Backup Tool. Simply copying and pasting folders into an external hard drive. Now a ton of my folders and files have disappeared off of my computer as if I had cut & paste them instead, which I did not do. What happened? I already...
  9. Backup data folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup data folders: Hello, I'm looking for a software that backup data folders: - The master folder (A) should be untouched - The destination folder (B) should be the perfect copy of (A) - Case sensitive - A file with the same size and date but with different metadata should be updated on the...
  10. Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders

Backup File History doesn't appear to be working / Missing folders: Greetings all! I've been working with my music library, and in a moment of confusion I lost a considerable part of my library. I couldn't recover from the Recycle Bin because when I deleted the files Windows informed me there were too many files and if I wanted to...