Windows 10: Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

Discus and support Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So this is sort of a continuation from an older thread i made months ago (Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10). I'm still trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MajorFoley, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

So this is sort of a continuation from an older thread i made months ago (Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10).
    I'm still trying to save my settings from an 1809 version of windows to 1909 (and probably later versions)
    @Paul Black if you see this mate you mentioned to compare it with notepad++ with the compare plugin. Which file am I comparing the bat file or the registry files they create? Because they create 4 registry files and i have no idea to begin at looking what's different

EDIT: Brink had updated the bat file and i noticed more files created when you ran the backup. Tried updating to 1909 again and applying and same issue. Items were still being grouped up in downloads by date, etc.

:)

MajorFoley, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

So this is sort of a continuation from an older thread i made months ago (Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10).
    I'm still trying to save my settings from an 1809 version of windows to 1909 (and probably later versions)
    @Paul Black if you see this mate you mentioned to compare it with notepad++ with the compare plugin. Which file am I comparing the bat file or the registry files they create? Because they create 4 registry files and i have no idea to begin at looking what's different

EDIT: Brink had updated the bat file and i noticed more files created when you ran the backup. Tried updating to 1909 again and applying and same issue. Items were still being grouped up in downloads by date, etc.

EDIT2: Old thread
    Folder settings changed after 1909 update

MajorFoley, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

How to set a Backup location (Windows XP)?

Hi Greg - It is Windows 7.

The problem is when I attach an external hard drive to use as a backup the device does not come up as a possible backup (if I go through the steps to choose a backup). Nor is it listed as a folder in the Libraries window to drag files into.

I have gone through via Windows help all steps, and yet the drive is still not appearing as a possible Backup location.

(It is listed in Devices).

If you can explain to me how to set this external hard drive up as a backup I'd be grateful!

JulithaRyan, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

1. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup folder settings

2. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious "Backup Set" folder: Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both functions created their familiar folders "File History" and "WindowsImageBackup", respectively, and contain the expected...
  3. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious "Backup Set" folder: Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both functions created their familiar folders "File History" and "WindowsImageBackup", respectively, and contain the expected...
  4. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  5. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  6. Updating from old Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from old Windows 10 version: I bought my current PC in august of 2018, because the older one have some problems happening a few days after i did a Windows 10 update. First was the automatic repair loop, then i couldn't install a driver to my graphic card, and a PC for games without a graphic card isn't...
  7. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10: So this is sort of a continuation from an older thread i made months ago (Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10). I'm still trying to save my settings from an 1809 version of windows to 1909 (and probably later versions) @Paul Black if you see this mate you...
  8. Folder backup with versioning in W10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder backup with versioning in W10?: Hello dear community, I have a very specific question for you. Is there a program that copies a folder to a different path at regular intervals, but then automatically renames the folder to the date, time, and year? Or always creates a folder? The content is a Minecraft...
  9. Backup from old windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup from old windows: I recently had my computer serviced and windows was changed from 7 to 10. All my music and such was backed up and placed in a folder on my desktop. Now I don't know how to remove the items. Is there a simply solution to complete this task at my wits end....
  10. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...