Windows 10: Backup for Windows 10 keeps running

Discus and support Backup for Windows 10 keeps running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows backup on my computer runs too frequently. How do I reduce the backups so that I can use my pc without prolonged delay.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnShaffer3, May 15, 2022.

1. Backup for Windows 10 keeps running

Windows backup on my computer runs too frequently. How do I reduce the backups so that I can use my pc without prolonged delay.

:)

JohnShaffer3, May 15, 2022
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Backup for Windows 10 keeps running [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 15, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2022
  4. Scrizz Win User

Backup for Windows 10 keeps running

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Backup for Windows 10 keeps running

1. Backup for Windows 10 keeps running - Similar Threads - Backup keeps running

2. Backup for Windows 10 keeps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup for Windows 10 keeps running: Windows backup on my computer runs too frequently. How do I reduce the backups so that I can use my pc without prolonged delay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-for-windows-10-keeps-running/6141a65a-52aa-483c-b10b-9f2d66fcd7f1
  3. Backup for Windows 10 keeps running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup for Windows 10 keeps running: Windows backup on my computer runs too frequently. How do I reduce the backups so that I can use my pc without prolonged delay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-for-windows-10-keeps-running/6141a65a-52aa-483c-b10b-9f2d66fcd7f1
  4. WHS v1 Not Running Automatic Backups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHS v1 Not Running Automatic Backups on Windows 10: I have a WHS v1 server, which is old but works fine. However, it recently stopped running the automatic nightly backup on a new Windows 10 machine. A manual backup runs fine, and everything else seems normal. It seems the Win 10 machine will not wake up from sleep to do the...
  5. win 10 won't run backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 won't run backup: I am running win 10 on a surface pro 4 with the latest updates from MS. I have never used the backup option in Settings. Today I turned it on and selected only one folder, Documents, to backup. I selected my removable SD card as the backup drive. When I press the button...
  6. Backup not running

Backup not running: Greetings, How do I get backup to run automatically? When I click Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More options > Back up now, I can get it to run once. I have "Back up my files" set to "Every 10 minutes", but the "Last backup" only shows the last time I ran it...
  7. Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user: WIN 10 1909. I am using the Backup and Restore Windows 7 and whenever I do a Windows backup I get "Skipped Files" which are all subfolders of a user "Spare Admin" which I deleted. Why is that so? e\Even in DOS command prompt that user is not listed there. Where is Windows...
  8. running windows 10 but backup shows window 7?

running windows 10 but backup shows window 7?: Running windows 10 but backup says windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-windows-10-but-backup-shows-window-7/e66b2d2f-b270-4967-ab89-500236dc0f1c
  9. how to run win 10 image backup?

how to run win 10 image backup?: so here is the situation I did install windows 10 and created a image backup into a secondary SSD then I went back to windows 7 with a previous image backup from my secondary SSD now I'm trying to run back to windows 10 by using the image backup from my secondary SSD...
  10. Backup Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Will Not Run: Hi Group! I get an error saying there are errors on my destination drive (64gb thumb drive); then when I click on the notice to fix it, it runs the program and says no errors found! Thanks! Mike *Huh 23532