Windows 10: Backup from desk top to external drive

Discus and support Backup from desk top to external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have already asked for the best and easiest way of backing up from my Desk Top to my external hard drive. Someone kindly sent me a reply which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ron Binmore, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Backup from desk top to external drive

I have already asked for the best and easiest way of backing up from my Desk Top to my external hard drive. Someone kindly sent me a reply which was addressed to my Hotmail address. I am having problems with Outlook/Hotmail so when and if you reply again, please use my PNCL e-mail address . All I want to know about is an easy simple way of backing up from my desk top to my external hard drive. I have been using Macrium but found it far to complicated for my old brain. Help please?

Kind regards,

RonB

:)

Ron Binmore, Sep 6, 2019
  2. W PR Win User

Windows 10 Backup Not recognizing Seagate Desk External Drive

Since upgrading to Windows 10, Windows Backup will not recognize my Seagate Desk External Drive. The Drive is recognized in Windows Explorer, but not in Backup. I have tried the support options from Seagate which has not been any help. Is this something
    specific to Windows 10, or is there a solution to be able to use this drive for Windows Backup purposes?

W PR, Sep 6, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Backup from desk top to external drive

backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Backup from desk top to external drive

1. Backup from desk top to external drive - Similar Threads - Backup desk top

2. Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc: If I make a complete backup of the "C"-drive/system and store on another partition. Then make a clean install on "C".Can I then restore individual files and/or folders and program from the backup image files? Or is it all or nothing?...
  3. Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc: If I make a complete backup of the "C"-drive/system and store on another partition. Then make a clean install on "C".Can I then restore individual files and/or folders and program from the backup image files? Or is it all or nothing?...
  4. Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  6. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  7. Desk top

Desk top: Got a message from Sumit to send him a snapshot of this is very long. Going to send the first page. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/5b03a503-87cf-480f-a507-d076559bf34d
  8. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  9. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...