Windows 10: Backup from one external hard drive to another

Discus and support Backup from one external hard drive to another in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carol D., Aug 30, 2019.

1. Carol D. Win User

Backup from one external hard drive to another

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both 2TB) using Windows 7 backup and restore for a few years. After copying all my images to a 5TB drive, and having another blank 5TB drive for backups, I tried to change the settings to reflect the two new drives, but I'm not getting the option to back up from an EHD. I hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

:)

Carol D., Aug 30, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Backup from one external hard drive to another

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Backup from one external hard drive to another

1. Backup from one external hard drive to another - Similar Threads - Backup external hard

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. copying from one external hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying from one external hard drive to another: I am trying to copy a large folder of photo files from one external hard drive to another in Windows 10. I used a drag and drop command and the resulting window showed progress as I could see the names of individual photo files showing briefly. After the copy process...
  6. Incremental backup from one external drive to another?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Incremental backup from one external drive to another?: I'm using an external SSD connected to my router as a central storage device for all my files. I'd like to make regular backups to another external drive (not an SSD) to keep my data safe. I've tried connecting both drives to my PC and doing a complete copy but this takes...
  7. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  8. external hard drive working on one pc but not another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hard drive working on one pc but not another?: can anyone help me out? i have an external hard drive 1tb (two actually) that ive been using for a few years now, works perfectly fine on my windows 10 pc and even on my ps4 to move files around, but whenever i connect it to my laptops (two windows 10 laptops) the external...
  9. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  10. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ackup one external hard drive to another in windows