Windows 10: Backup games for hdd wipe

Discus and support Backup games for hdd wipe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im gonna get an ssd to upgrade my pc and keep my hdd as storage and wipe the windows install off of it and do a fresh install on ssd, is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClawJimblob_YT, May 18, 2020.

1. Backup games for hdd wipe

Im gonna get an ssd to upgrade my pc and keep my hdd as storage and wipe the windows install off of it and do a fresh install on ssd, is there a way to back up my games (gta/fortnite/csgo/valorant/pubg)to keep them on my hdd so i dont hsve to reinstall them when reinstalling windows (want to delete windows off of the hdd aswell) could i delete the windows partition on the hard drive?

submitted by /u/ClawJimblob_YT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClawJimblob_YT, May 18, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 18, 2020
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Backup games for hdd wipe [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, May 18, 2020
  4. ChapWolff Win User

Backup games for hdd wipe

Will my HDD be wiped with the windows 10 upgrade

Hello Microsoft world,

I am very much considering upgrading to windows 10 with the upgrade/update. My questions is this: If I do the upgrade, will my HDD be wiped with the new OS? I ask because we have important software on our computer and no backup disks (don't start). So if
    it will wipe the HDD then it isn't worth upgrading for me. Thanks.

ChapWolff, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Backup games for hdd wipe

1. Backup games for hdd wipe - Similar Threads - Backup games hdd

2. Windows wiped HDD after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wiped HDD after installation: After a while of trying, I finally managed to get Windows 10 1909 to install. I chose the option of 'install Windows only' of course, as I didn't already have Windows installed. I then chose my SSD to install to, which it did, but after installation I looked in file explorer...
  3. Windows wiped HDD after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wiped HDD after installation: After a while of trying, I finally managed to get Windows 10 1909 to install. I chose the option of 'install Windows only' of course, as I didn't already have Windows installed. I then chose my SSD to install to, which it did, but after installation I looked in file explorer...
  4. Windows wiped HDD after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  6. HDD failure with no backup disks

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HDD failure with no backup disks: My Hp Laptop was dropped and my HDD is beyond repair. I want to purchase a new SSD but I don't have my activation key. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-failure-with-no-backup-disks/b50eaec0-2fbf-414f-81e2-142d63637a43
  7. OneDrive or External HDD for backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OneDrive or External HDD for backup?: I'm trying to keep subscription costs and/or hardware costs down, so I would like to find a backup strategy that doesn't involve both, or at least doesn't cost too much. I would like to do daily / weekly incremental backups, and image my drive once a month or so. From what...
  8. How to wipe my hdd and reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to wipe my hdd and reinstall windows: I wanna wipe my hdd and start from scratch with a fresh os on my ssd submitted by /u/Marlonkys [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2hwsn/how_to_wipe_my_hdd_and_reinstall_windows/
  9. Backup to external HDD on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to external HDD on network: My PC OS is Windows 10 v17763. The OS is installed on a SSD drive. D, E and F SATA drives are also on the computer. The PC is connected by Ethernet to a Netgear Nighthawk R7800 router by ethernet. A 4Tb external HDD is connected to the Netgear router by USB. This drive is...
  10. backup on external hdd on router

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup on external hdd on router: i have an external hdd on my router and i want to make a system image backup there, but i can't find it when i have to choose a network location. what should i do?...