Windows 10: Backup Image failed - 0x80780119 error

Discus and support Backup Image failed - 0x80780119 error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] I received this error message when trying to create a system image. By back up destination has plenty of free space. [img] I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jk1984, Oct 14, 2020 at 6:28 AM.

1. jk1984 Win User

Backup Image failed - 0x80780119 error

Backup Image failed - 0x80780119 error [​IMG]

I received this error message when trying to create a system image. By back up destination has plenty of free space.

I have read that it has to do with my system reserved partition not having enough free space. The easiest way I can think of is to increase the size of this partition. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this? All I want to do is create a back up. *Banghead

:)

2. jk1984 Win User

I received this error message when trying to create a system image. By back up destination has plenty of free space.

I have read that it has to do with my system reserved partition not having enough free space. The easiest way I can think of is to increase the size of this partition. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this? All I want to do is create a back up. *Banghead

3. dalchina Win User

a. What tool or what means are you using to create a disk image?
    b. Did you note:

c. On what are you trying to save the image? E.g. how big is the disk? And how large is the source data you are imaging?

Let me guess you are using Backup and restore (Windows 7). If so, don't. MS recommends people use a 3rd party solution (such as Macrium Reflect, which is so often mentioned here- the free version is good enough for most).

Unlike Backup and restore (Windows 7), such tools are updated and supported.

4. TL1
    tl1 Win User

System Image backup error code 0x80780119

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I now want to do a system image backup to an external hard drive. I have tried several times and several ways with up to a 2 TB external drive for just over 100 GB backup size. I always get the same backup
    failed error code 0x80780119, stating that there is not enough free space to create the volume shadow copy.

How can I fix this error, or how can I do a system image backup without including the System Reserved disk?

Thema:

1. Backup Image failed - 0x80780119 error - Similar Threads - Backup Image failed

2. Failed to create system Image in Windows 10 2004 0x80780119

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to create system Image in Windows 10 2004 0x80780119: Win10 2004! C: drive about 41GB, Backup Drive 241GB! Getting error message that there is NOT enough space to create the shadow copy on the storage location! [ATTACH] Tried the same on trhee different source drives, one of them with pristine install of Win10 only 31GB!...
  3. image backup failed

image backup failed: while going for image backup , it is automatically selecting ""unmanned drive system"" along with c:/ drive and the error says "" one of the volumes specified for backup is invalid because it is either not a fixed drive ,is not formatted NTFS/ReFS,or is read only . To...
  4. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  5. System Image Backup fails with error code 0x8078007D

System Image Backup fails with error code 0x8078007D: I have tried every thing and spend a lot of time to find out after the Backup is finished (24 Hrs) , that the backup failed . 1) on a 1 year old computer 2)I have a 1 TB hard drive only 25% utilized 3) Backup drive 3 TB "WD My book Live" only 903GB utilized 3) the System...
  6. System image backup failed

System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  7. Windows 10 1903 Image Backup fails with error 0x80780119

Windows 10 1903 Image Backup fails with error 0x80780119: The following error showed up on my windows 1903 build 18362.295. According to the message the minimum available space for volumes should be: For a volume <500MB 50MB of free space >500MB 320MB >1GB 1GB...
  8. Image Backup Fail Win10 1903

Image Backup Fail Win10 1903: Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit and decided to back up full image. My hard is divided in C & D. C has Operation System and D has documentation. I am using 3TB USB backup drive. Never problem earlier. This time I suddenly see the...
  9. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  10. Windows Image Backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Backup failing: My wife's Samsung laptop gets a failure whenever trying to do an image backup. Actually, this has been happening for quite a while - even before she installed Windows 10 when she had W7. I was hoping that the problem would go away with W10 but it hasn't. Backup runs almost to...