Windows 10: Backup in Settings

Discus and support Backup in Settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I go Into Settings>Backup, to back on an external drive, t takes a long time to 'load'. I then select More Options which eventually 'loads' and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SusanJ17, Oct 22, 2021.

1. SusanJ17 Win User

Backup in Settings

When I go Into Settings>Backup, to back on an external drive, t takes a long time to 'load'. I then select More Options which eventually 'loads' and then select Backup. Why is there a problem going to the page I want? Also when I put the USB for the external backup drive it goes to the drive whereas previously I used to get a message asking me what I wanted to do with my drive.WD My Passport UltraAny suggestion welcome please.Thank you, Susan J

:)

SusanJ17, Oct 22, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Backup in Settings

How to set a Backup location (Windows XP)?

Hi Greg - It is Windows 7.

The problem is when I attach an external hard drive to use as a backup the device does not come up as a possible backup (if I go through the steps to choose a backup). Nor is it listed as a folder in the Libraries window to drag files into.

I have gone through via Windows help all steps, and yet the drive is still not appearing as a possible Backup location.

(It is listed in Devices).

If you can explain to me how to set this external hard drive up as a backup I'd be grateful!

JulithaRyan, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Backup in Settings

1. Backup in Settings - Similar Threads - Backup Settings

2. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  3. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  4. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  5. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  6. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  7. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  8. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  9. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  10. How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...: I have turned on this function many years ago.However, maybe there is a bug.My Documents is stored in a strange folder in my OneDrive.How can I move it to the default position?...