Windows 10: Backup Issue

Discus and support Backup Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer backup doesn't run completely. I get the following message: "One of the critical volumes cannot be included for backup N.T.F.S.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DLind4010, Apr 23, 2019.

1. DLind4010 Win User

Backup Issue

My computer backup doesn't run completely. I get the following message: "One of the critical volumes cannot be included for backup N.T.F.S.

:)

DLind4010, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Backup Issue [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Meghana C Win User

Backup Issue

issue with backup options Windows 10

Hi David,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with backup option.

To assist you better, kindly provide the information:

• How exactly are you trying to perform back up? Is it from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) or File History?

• Which drive have you selected to back up? Is it an external drive or a network drive or a local drive of the system?

• When you say 'only allows me to do another backup with the same options', which options are you referring to?

• Are you unable to select a different drive for a backup from the backup destination list?
    If you are using a Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option then, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Type backup and restore in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on setup backup option.

• Click on refresh button to check if the drives are visible in the
      backup destination list.

• Choose the drive which you want to back up and click on
      next.
    If you are trying to use file history I suggest you to un-plug it and restart your computer. Re-plug the external drive and check if the file history options are available.

Please get back to us with the information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Backup Issue

1. Backup Issue - Similar Threads - Backup Issue

2. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  3. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  4. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue: I tanked a full windows server backup yesterday on external SSD by using windows server backup feathers in windows server 2012 R2 . Today I want to take an incremental backup on the full backup that I tanked yesterday by changed the Configure Performance Settings and choose...
  6. Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue

Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue: I tanked a full windows server backup yesterday on external SSD by using windows server backup feathers in windows server 2012 R2 . Today I want to take an incremental backup on the full backup that I tanked yesterday by changed the Configure Performance Settings and choose...
  7. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  8. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  9. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  10. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...