Windows 10: Backup Large Downloaded Games? Has this ever been implemented?

Discus and support Backup Large Downloaded Games? Has this ever been implemented? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new Asus Laptop and decided to stick with the Stock OS installation for a while, however I have decided that I would like to install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by blankname1, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Backup Large Downloaded Games? Has this ever been implemented?

I just got a new Asus Laptop and decided to stick with the Stock OS installation for a while, however I have decided that I would like to install a clean installation straight from Microsoft instead. However I just recently downloaded Metro Exodus, Rage2 and Vampyr from Xbox GamePass PC app. Right now it seems my only option if I want to reinstall my OS is to redownload those huge files yet again.

Why are they locking down the folders for game installations? The only people they are keeping out of them is legit users looking to backup their large downloads anyways.

Why are they locking game file downloads to a specific windows installation? When installing games from Gamepass on a secondary hard drive, if I reformat my primary OS drive, the secondary hard drive becomes useless since Gamepass app says it belongs to another computer, and the secondary hard drive needs to be completely wiped and reformatted to use it with GamePass again.

At least please add options built into the Gamepass App to locate pre-existing files and use them! and please stop tying them to OS installation. I like to start with a Fresh OS semi-frequently to keep my computer as clean as possible and fresh, but with Xbox Gamepass its impossible to do that when I have to redownload everything every single time.

Otherwise its a good app, please add these features.

:)

blankname1, Dec 9, 2019

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I could not download a game that I have purchased from Windows 10 App Store

Hi,

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

• Do you face this issue only with Gears of War or all the games?

• Have you tried downloading any other game or app from Windows store?

• Are you getting any error message while downloading the game?
    As a work around, I would suggest you to run Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Backup Large Downloaded Games? Has this ever been implemented?

i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Backup Large Downloaded Games? Has this ever been implemented?

1. Backup Large Downloaded Games? Has this ever been implemented? - Similar Threads - Backup Large Downloaded

2. Has anyone ever been able to get WOW64 to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone ever been able to get WOW64 to work?: I have gone through all the steps and nothing.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-ever-been-able-to-get-wow64-to-work/de162219-e3b2-42c9-828d-273cdfcb663b
  3. Has anyone ever been able to get WOW64 to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone ever been able to get WOW64 to work?: I have gone through all the steps and nothing.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-ever-been-able-to-get-wow64-to-work/de162219-e3b2-42c9-828d-273cdfcb663b
  4. It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?

in Windows 10 Customization
    It has been five years is this question ever going to be answered?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-has-been-five-years-is-this-question-ever-going/85a173a7-bbb5-4b45-9dea-cda026d1c9d9
  5. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  6. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this: The problem that I am stating is just not a local problem for me, it is a problem that hundreds or thousands of people are facing world wide. And the problem is the sudden issues with delicate windows essentials such as the start button, the search, and other programs what...
  7. I AM ANNOYED that no fix has been yet implemented for this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. download problems with a large game on the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download problems with a large game on the microsoft store: i was in the middle of a download for a game from the Microsoft store when I turned off my computer. when I came back on, it was not downloading and it was not in my library. when i search up the game it says i have not downloaded it. when i try to redownload it says that i...
  9. Has an answer ever been found?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has an answer ever been found?: Long standing problem for many people - awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net. This happens on all my PC's - both Ethernet and Wireless connected ones. Sometimes no problem, other times it fails. On the wireless ones, they often show the connected icon at...
  10. Has this computer ever been upgraded to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has this computer ever been upgraded to Win 10?: I know this is going to sound pretty dorky, but this computer has not been used much over the past year. Prior to expiration of the free upgrade to 10, I think I upgraded this computer, but was accustomed to using 8.1 and so reverted after the upgrade. I now want to move...