Windows 10: Backup My Applications?

Discus and support Backup My Applications? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After two year of Feature Update failures and struggles with OOBE, I finally managed a clean install of W10 1909 from .iso. My files are in OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian111, May 20, 2020.

1. Brian111 Win User

Backup My Applications?

After two year of Feature Update failures and struggles with OOBE, I finally managed a clean install of W10 1909 from .iso. My files are in OneDrive and Dropbox, but reinstalling all my applications is a pain. Is there any way to backup just my applications, not Windows itself, as next time I have to install a Feature Update I’ll probably have to do a clean install from .iso again.

:)

Brian111, May 20, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Quickbooks backup

Hello johnwheaton1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. Are you trying to create a backup file or restore it?
    2. When you say ‘it kicks out’, do you mean you are out of the application? Or is it getting stuck?
    3. Which version of QuickBooks is installed on your machine?
    4. Do you read any error code/message regarding the issue?

This issue could occur when the backup location is no longer accessible. So, I suggest you to verify the file location and reboot your computer. If that doesn’t help, you may check if the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method: Repair the application.

• On the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search box and select Control Panel from the results.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, and then select the program (QuickBooks Online).
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available,
      Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

If repair application doesn’t work, I would suggest you to Uninstall the application and
    Re-install it.

However, I would suggest you to contact Intuit QuickBooks support to re-install the application.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 20, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 20, 2020
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup My Applications?

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Backup My Applications? [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Backup My Applications?

1. Backup My Applications? - Similar Threads - Backup Applications

2. Windows backup application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup application: Hello,Latest windows update09.23 gave us new backup application. When i open it it says: "This feature is not supported by your organization".How can i make it accessible to company employees?...
  3. Windows backup application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup application: Hello,Latest windows update09.23 gave us new backup application. When i open it it says: "This feature is not supported by your organization".How can i make it accessible to company employees?...
  4. Windows backup application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application and it's data to another PC?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application and it's data to another PC?: I have installed UWP application from Microsoft store. The application now unavailable in store. How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application to another PC?If I can install UWP application on two PC. How to copy its data from one PC to another?...
  6. How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application and it's data to another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application and it's data to another PC?: I have installed UWP application from Microsoft store. The application now unavailable in store. How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application to another PC?If I can install UWP application on two PC. How to copy its data from one PC to another?...
  7. How to backup/restore/move installed UWP application and it's data to another PC?

8. Can I recover applications etc. following reinstalling Windows 10 without a backup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover applications etc. following reinstalling Windows 10 without a backup?: HiI installed Windows 11 on my son's computer last week but it kept 'swallowing' the graphics card so I decided to revert back to Windows 10. Unfortunately, I didn't backup his computer before doing so and now all his applications/desktop settings etc. seem to have...
  9. Can I recover applications etc. following reinstalling Windows 10 without a backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover applications etc. following reinstalling Windows 10 without a backup?: HiI installed Windows 11 on my son's computer last week but it kept 'swallowing' the graphics card so I decided to revert back to Windows 10. Unfortunately, I didn't backup his computer before doing so and now all his applications/desktop settings etc. seem to have...
  10. Can I recover applications etc. following reinstalling Windows 10 without a backup?