Windows 10: Backup "No usable drives found"

Discus and support Backup "No usable drives found" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview. Was checking my Backup and found it was not running. Has in the past and have an older File History on an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cfourkays, Nov 17, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Backup "No usable drives found"

Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview.
    Was checking my Backup and found it was not running.
    Has in the past and have an older File History on an external drive.
    I want to create a new File History backup on a SSD, "D" on this PC.
    Go to "Add a Drive" in Settings, says "No usable drives found"

If I go to "File History" in search and "Restore your files with File History", the Home-File History" windows has "No File History found" "The File History is currently turned off"

Clicking on "Configure File History settings" the "Keep a History of your files", "File History is Off", "Turn On" appears for a second and disappears.

This is a new one for me.
    Attached snip of "This PC" showing the "D" drive I want to use.

Pete

Backup "No usable drives found" [​IMG]

:)

cfourkays, Nov 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 - No usable drives found. Cannot backup

For Settings/Update & Security/Backup, I clicked on switch backup drives or use a different backup drive or whatever it was to see what would happen
    because I was sure it would be easy enough to reconnect the same drive.

But ever since then, I get the message no usable drives found but only on this one account on this computer for that one drive. Backup works fine with the same drive on all the other accounts on the same computer or with different drives on the one account.
    And on this one account I tried all the suggested ways to connect that one external disk drive but I always get no usable drives found. The drive shows up on file explorer and windows 7 back-up works fine, and I can get all the files or store files with no
    problem. Only Windows 10 backup does not work and always shows no usable drives when I try to reconnect.

kernelcorny, Nov 17, 2018
  3. jgerb_637 Win User
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file
    explorer. I can use it as storage, however, backup does not deem this drive as usable for this purpose. I have restarted and reinstalled the device through device manager.

Why doesn't windows recognize my drive as a usable drive?

jgerb_637, Nov 17, 2018
  4. jgerb_637 Win User

Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

Awesome! I was surprised at first it wasn't listed as a usable drive. Thanks so much for quick response!

jgerb_637, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup "No usable drives found" - Similar Threads - Backup usable drives

2. my file history is off I can't turn it on. no usable drives were found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my file history is off I can't turn it on. no usable drives were found.: my action center keeps running maintenance. it leads me to my control panel home where it tellks me my file history is off. i dont know how long it has been off but i have noticed that some of my files are missing. it doesnt let me turn on my file history and it says no...
  3. my file history is off I can't turn it on. no usable drives were found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file history is off I can't turn it on. no usable drives were found.: my action center keeps running maintenance. it leads me to my control panel home where it tellks me my file history is off. i dont know how long it has been off but i have noticed that some of my files are missing. it doesnt let me turn on my file history and it says no...
  4. Windows 10 C: drive not usable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 C: drive not usable: I was downloading Microsoft flight sim, and opened another application, apparently that was 1 too many even though i have 24 gigs of ram. So, my PC crashed, and tries to reboot, and it gets stuck with the spinning dots forever, so i try some things that didn't work, and then...
  5. Backup File History "No usable drives found" after Win10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup File History "No usable drives found" after Win10 20H2 update: Hello, Following the Win10 20H2 update, I am no longer able to back up my file history. My SSD which I have previously used, is not detected as a "usable drive" anymore. Instead when trying to create a backup of my file history on my SSD I receive the message "no usable...
  6. No results found for Windows Backup...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No results found for Windows Backup...: I thought this was kind of funny: [img] I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup". It seems like a search issue for a user when they search for Windows Backup and find nothing when Backup is literally to backup their...
  7. No results found for Windows Backup...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No results found for Windows Backup...: I thought this was kind of funny: [img] I'm pretty sure it was called "Windows Backup" in Windows 7... now it's just called "Backup". It seems like a search issue for a user when they search for Windows Backup and find nothing when Backup is literally to backup their...
  8. Backup "No usable drives found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup "No usable drives found": Windows 10 Pro, Insider Preview. Was checking my Backup and found it was not running. Has in the past and have an older File History on an external drive. I want to create a new File History backup on a SSD, "D" on this PC. Go to "Add a Drive" in Settings, says "No usable...
  9. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  10. Trying to use the Backup feature but "No usable drives found"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to use the Backup feature but "No usable drives found": I have a fairly new Seagate 3TB USB3.0 drive that I've been using as a data backup on my desktop. I've been just copying stuff over to the drive once a month or so, but decided that I may as well use the backup feature in windows 10. However, I'm running into an issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no usable drives windows 10 pc