Windows 10: Backup not reflecting changes in folders

Discus and support Backup not reflecting changes in folders in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have transferred a large number of files between different folders (from DropBox to OneDrive). I have then backed up my whole computer to an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Worcblue, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Worcblue Win User

Backup not reflecting changes in folders

I have transferred a large number of files between different folders (from DropBox to OneDrive). I have then backed up my whole computer to an external harddrive. But when I check the backup it does not register the change to file locations. Dropbox folder is still full of files that are now in fact in OneDrive.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

Worcblue, Jul 12, 2019
  2. magovoru Win User

Change default backup folder

Hi kunFoo,

I could not reproduce the issue with these steps:

* Go to Tools -> Options -> My devices

* Change the backup folder

* Click OK

* Start backup from Tools -> Backup

magovoru, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Jul 12, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Backup not reflecting changes in folders [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup not reflecting changes in folders - Similar Threads - Backup reflecting changes

2. Reflect backup error...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect backup error...: I have a system with W10 2004 (19041.450), with two M.2 NVMe and one SSD drives; the three drives scheduled for full image on a daily basis. Reflect periodically throws up this error: [img] Periodic, as in maybe once, or twice in a month one of the drives backup fails...
  3. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  4. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  5. What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups

What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups: Hey Everyone,I am stuck on what type and size of hard drive that I should use and store my images on and backup my personal data. I am trying to choose between either a desktop external HDD, portable external HDD or internal drive that connects in an enclosure that I would...
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Reflect backup performance...

Reflect backup performance...: This one puzzles me... The PC has two Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 drives, one is for the system and the other for data. Reflect scheduled to create a full image on the daily basis with default compression and encrypted with the same password. The backup device is...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: How to: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect How to Create and Restore a System Image Backup with Macrium Reflect [img] Information To begin I quote myself from the Macrium viBoot tutorial: I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium...