Windows 10: Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

Discus and support Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; New member here. Running Win 10 Home, 64 bit. I have three 1 TB hard drives on the system and back them up to three 1 TB drives periodically using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Solo75, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Solo75 Win User

Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

New member here. Running Win 10 Home, 64 bit. I have three 1 TB hard drives on the system and back them up to three 1 TB drives periodically using Casper 10.1 . I also have a 4 TB drive that I'd like to use for offsite backup and my intention was to partition the 4 TB drive into 3 partitions and use Casper to copy the 1 TB drives into those partitions. Casper doesn't deal with that the way I intended - it copies the first drive OK, but then wants to copy the second drive into that same partition. It doesn't allow me to specify a second partition on that drive. Also have Macrium Reflect (old - 5.1 level) and was unable to create a clone copy of the three drives using that either. Reflect would allow me to create an image of the drives into the three partitions on the large drive. Again, the goal was to be able to create a clone of the three drives in each of the partitions. Maybe I'm missing something? Is there a way to do what I want to do? All suggestions welcome.

:)

Solo75, Oct 16, 2019

2. [Question] Add a drive for RAID-0 or single large drive?

You do realize that for $400 for that raid investment, you could be stepping into a 512GB drive?

sneekypeet, Oct 16, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

1. Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive - Similar Threads - Backup multiple drives

2. Backup & Restore Multiple Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup & Restore Multiple Drives: Hello all!I have a rather simple or perhaps complicated question. My computer has multiple drives and I want to be able to back them both up to one drive *and* restore them both in the event of something happening. Is there a built in way to do this in Windows? I know there...
  3. Backup & Restore Multiple Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup & Restore Multiple Drives: Hello all!I have a rather simple or perhaps complicated question. My computer has multiple drives and I want to be able to back them both up to one drive *and* restore them both in the event of something happening. Is there a built in way to do this in Windows? I know there...
  4. Backup & Restore Multiple Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cloning a large drive to a smaller drive,

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a large drive to a smaller drive,: I have a 1 Terabyte drive that I want to clone to a 500 gig M2 SSD. Would it be better if I split that drive in half to 500gig. The C drive would be a 500 gig partition and the other 500 would be a separate partition. I would then just clone the C drive partition to the SSD....
  6. Cloning a large drive to a smaller drive,

Cloning a large drive to a smaller drive,: I have a 1 Terabyte drive that I want to clone to a 500 gig M2 SSD. Would it be better if I split that drive in half to 500gig. The C drive would be a 500 gig partition and the other 500 would be a separate partition. I would then just clone the C drive partition to the SSD....
  7. How large should a backup thumb drive be?

How large should a backup thumb drive be?: Hello there, I have an Acer Aspire E5-575 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language 1803. I am facing issues with my laptop after updating to version 1909 and a solution to that problem is shifting back to the default OS version. After consulting an authorized...
  8. Backup of multiple drives

Backup of multiple drives: Backup seems to only be backing up the C: drive. I have 2 other external hard drives as well as an additions internal drive I would like to back up. How can I setup the backup facility to cover drives D: K: L: ?...
  9. CHKDSK Multiple Partitions on a Single Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHKDSK Multiple Partitions on a Single Drive: Hi, I've searched online for this but I can't find a decent answer. I want to run chkdsk on an external HDD with 3 NTFS partitions. Can I do this by pointing chkdsk to all 3 partitions a once like chkdsk e: f: g: /f or do I need to run chkdsk separately for each...
  10. Backup drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup drives: Can one backup drive be used for multiple computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-drives/8b93a2a0-58a9-4a9a-b0a5-f57bc953eafe"