Windows 10: Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

Discus and support Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; New member here. Running Win 10 Home, 64 bit. I have three 1 TB hard drives on the system and back them up to three 1 TB drives periodically using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Solo75, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Solo75 Win User

Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

New member here. Running Win 10 Home, 64 bit. I have three 1 TB hard drives on the system and back them up to three 1 TB drives periodically using Casper 10.1 . I also have a 4 TB drive that I'd like to use for offsite backup and my intention was to partition the 4 TB drive into 3 partitions and use Casper to copy the 1 TB drives into those partitions. Casper doesn't deal with that the way I intended - it copies the first drive OK, but then wants to copy the second drive into that same partition. It doesn't allow me to specify a second partition on that drive. Also have Macrium Reflect (old - 5.1 level) and was unable to create a clone copy of the three drives using that either. Reflect would allow me to create an image of the drives into the three partitions on the large drive. Again, the goal was to be able to create a clone of the three drives in each of the partitions. Maybe I'm missing something? Is there a way to do what I want to do? All suggestions welcome.

:)

Solo75, Oct 16, 2019

2. [Question] Add a drive for RAID-0 or single large drive?

You do realize that for $400 for that raid investment, you could be stepping into a 512GB drive?

sneekypeet, Oct 16, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive

1. Backup of multiple drives to a single large drive - Similar Threads - Backup multiple drives

2. File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?: Hi, I'd like to use the same usb drive to backup multiple computers. They have the same user id, so I was wondering if the backups would be kept in different directories. Please let me know exactly how multiple computer/users/ etc. are stored with File History. (and if...
  3. Switching backup drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching backup drives.: How do I get my system to backup on my c:\ drive instead of the "backup drive" I have installed in the tower? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-backup-drives/25a7a015-c844-4c54-b04d-b8477df93e65
  4. multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files

multiple windows Image Backups in one drive but the hidden files: I have two different WindowsImageBackup folders in an external drive. The first is from my x64 Windows 10, thes econd is x32Windows 10. However I noticed hidden files that are outside of these two folders. The only hidden folder with files is named System Volume...
  5. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  6. Backup to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to an external drive.: How do I connect my networked computer to my router connected usb hard drive for backing up my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/backup-to-an-external-drive/7b876cf8-b372-4ffa-b599-0fbc5c0b1109
  7. Backup to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to Flash Drive: I am experimenting backing up my personal documents on to a flash drive (no moving parts) rather than an external hard drive but I'm facing a problem creating folders on the flash drive. Say my computer is called XYZ, the external hard drive allows me to create folders, like...
  8. Backup Add a drive

Backup Add a drive: Jan. 3rd 2016 I have a 931 GB external HDD using a brick power supply and connected by USB. I wish to do weekly backups to it via Start/Settings/Update & Security/Backup. How can I use it please? It is not listed when I click Add a drive, although I can see and read it...
  9. Can I create multiple system images on a single external drive?

Can I create multiple system images on a single external drive?: "How to Create a System Image in Windows 8 and 8.1" at System Image - Create in Windows 8 includes the following approach for create multiple system images on a single external drive. Will this approach work in Windows 10? ==========================================...
  10. Single drive with RAID?

Single drive with RAID?: This doesn't make sense. My new Dell 15 XPS (9550) laptop has the BIOS SATA setting set to RAID (not AHCI) and yet it has a single internal OS NVMe PCIe SSD. Any idea why it's not set to AHCI? thanks 54722