Windows 10: Backup one partition to another

Discus and support Backup one partition to another in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have two basic GPT partitions (except from the WINRE and EFI system partitions) C:[Windows] and D:[Data] I want to create a periodic image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rypz79, Aug 30, 2018.

1. rypz79 Win User

Backup one partition to another

Hi,

I have two basic GPT partitions (except from the WINRE and EFI system partitions) C:[Windows] and D:[Data]

I want to create a periodic image backup of C: in D:
    Is that possible to do that using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) that comes also with Windows 10 or only by using a 3rd party program (I know several good ones but not a freeware) ?

TNX

:)

rypz79, Aug 30, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 30, 2018
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

can i seup recovery for primary partition "C" only ,i already have backup for logical DATA partitions ?

Thank you for the response. Please follow these steps to create an image for your C:/ partition only.

• Go to Control Panel, on the Search
      Control Panel bar on the upper-right corner, type
      Backup.
    • Select Backup and Restore
      (
      Windows 7).
    • On the upper right there are 3 links. Select Create
      a
      System Image. If prompted, please provide your administrator credentials.

From there you should be able to proceed. However, I suggest you follow the suggestion of Heath Herpin on this
    thread.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup one partition to another - Similar Threads - Backup partition another

2. how to transfer applications from one partition to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer applications from one partition to another?: I just transfer windows from HDD to SSD and some applications that were one previous OS are still on that partition like chrome and other applications, how can I transfer those files as well.P.S: I am using windows 11....
  3. how to transfer applications from one partition to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer applications from one partition to another?: I just transfer windows from HDD to SSD and some applications that were one previous OS are still on that partition like chrome and other applications, how can I transfer those files as well.P.S: I am using windows 11....
  4. Incremental backup from one external drive to another?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Incremental backup from one external drive to another?: I'm using an external SSD connected to my router as a central storage device for all my files. I'd like to make regular backups to another external drive (not an SSD) to keep my data safe. I've tried connecting both drives to my PC and doing a complete copy but this takes...
  5. System partition on one drive; boot partition & Windows on another?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System partition on one drive; boot partition & Windows on another?: I have a 4 year old Dell XPS 8700 running windows 10 (2004 though I don't think that matters). I had used MiniTool Partition Wizard to clean up some partition issues on an old laptop and ran it on this machine. I see that 3 months ago when I added an SSD drive as the primary...
  6. How to switch backups from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to switch backups from one drive to another: My computer had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using the Windows Backup program but my drive ran out of room and it had to stop backing up and gave me errors. Now I bought a new 8 TB usb external drive. I changed my settings to back up to that drive and it...
  7. Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop: Hello, I just broke my laptop (Asus S510UN, it's an i7, 16GB, NVME) it slipped from my hands and fell. I am looking to buy another of the same configuration may not be the same brand. Too bad, because it was recent (2018), worked very well and I took a while to install all...
  8. Backup from one external hard drive to another

Backup from one external hard drive to another: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both 2TB) using Windows 7 backup and restore for a few years. After copying all my images to a 5TB drive, and having another blank...
  9. Moving the System partition from one disk to another

Moving the System partition from one disk to another: Hello everybody, I'm having an issue with the setup of my Windows 10 computer. I'm pretty lost right now. A few months ago, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 in disk 0 (SSD). Because I had several work files, during installation I've maintained an old disk also...
  10. Backup... to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup... to another drive: So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder. I know I can just copy the folder each time I want to back it up but I was looking to see if there was an easy way to automate it without additional software. I do NOT...