Windows 10: backup or restore previous version of window os

Discus and support backup or restore previous version of window os in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey I format my windows 7 and install windows 10 but a huge mistake by me that i forgot about my e drive bitlocker password which i saved in windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RaghunathRalcosoft, Oct 25, 2019.

1. backup or restore previous version of window os

Hey I format my windows 7 and install windows 10 but a huge mistake by me that i forgot about my e drive bitlocker password which i saved in windows 7 c drive so please somebody help me to recover my important files.

:)

RaghunathRalcosoft, Oct 25, 2019

2. Stuck at the restore to previous version loop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What was the issue you were facing in Windows 10?
    • What made the system to be shut down while in the process of restoring?
    • Do you have the backup of the Windows 10 or the previous Windows?

Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Problem restoring previous version of Win Phone 7 OS

Hi all,

I recently bought an Samsung Omnia 7, and everything works perfectly! I even updated the OS to the newer version: 7.0.7390.0. However, I have to restore to the previous version of the OS.
    I did the following procedure on Zune Desktop to restore the version: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/restore-a-backup-to-my-phone.aspx
    The first step works OK, but on the second one (Reset the phone) the phone got stuck at the Omnia starting screen(Samsung Omnia 7) and nothing happend in any place!
    I also tried to get to the "Download Mode" to do another restore procedure by inicializing the phone with the powe/camera/VolumeUP buttons pressed and it got stuck on the same screen.

I really need to restore to the previous version of the OS and I don't know what else I can do!

Do you know what else I can do to get this done?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Daniel Ventura

Daniel Ventura de Oliveira, Oct 25, 2019
  4. backup or restore previous version of window os

Cannot restore previous OS due to user account

Hi Greg,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Do not try the following steps because it will disable Go Back feature on Windows 10:

• Refresh.
    • Reset.
    • Disk Cleanup (if it touched Windows.old or $windows.~bt).
    • Manually deleting files within Windows.old or $windows.~bt
    • Running on battery (must be plugged in).
    • If external device was used during upgrade to store Go Back data – the customer must have it to perform a Go Back.
    How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in the Anniversary, Spring / Fall Creators Update & April / Oct. 2018 update

Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

backup or restore previous version of window os

1. backup or restore previous version of window os - Similar Threads - backup restore previous

2. Restoring your previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of windows: I have been facing a issue " Restoring your previous version of windows " after few minutes of loading it shows "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart for you" it occurred after I tried to rollback from windows 11 to 10 the laptop shutdown while...
  3. Restoring previous windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  4. Restoration of previous Windows version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoration of previous Windows version: I have replaced my hard drive & I want to restore my earlier Windows version. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoration-of-previous-windows-version/f18453db-fdb3-4b0b-aef4-20347a27bff7
  5. Restore previous Windows backup files

Restore previous Windows backup files: I backed up my hard drive using the Windows 10 Backup tool in July 2019 on an external hard drive. My hard drive crashed and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to restore my backup from July and can't open the files. How do I restore a backup from an external hard drive....
  6. Restoration of previous windows version onloop

Restoration of previous windows version onloop: My laptop troubleshoot option or advance option is not working for fixing onloop restoring previous windows version error kindly help with someother idea....
  7. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  8. Restoring previous version of Windows loop

Restoring previous version of Windows loop: After an update, my laptop restarted and got stuck on a loop trying to restore tge previous version of windows. I have already made extensive research and all methods failed to fix my issue. I cannot access my desktop or sign in screen. I cannot access safe mode, as it just...
  9. Restoring your Previous Version of Windows

Restoring your Previous Version of Windows: Hey, Iam currently facing a problem with my ASUS Laptop (Windows 10). I was updating it and it was almost done it was at a blue screen saying 84% it may restart or something like that. Then all of a sudden it turned off and I saw Restoring Previous Version of Windows. I hope...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...