Windows 10: backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010

Discus and support backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I was used to backup the ost file periodically. on outlook using “AutoArchive” Feature. It will remove old items from the ost file and move them... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jreeft, May 18, 2017.

1. Jreeft Win User

backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010

Hi,

I was used to backup the ost file periodically. on outlook using “AutoArchive” Feature. It will remove old items from the ost file and move them to the archive pst file. So It will backup the old items in ost file into pst file periodically.

But I don't want to move old items from the ost file, I hope it can just copy the old items to pst file to backup, and also keep them in ost file. Is that possible? I just can't find a way to do that.

:)

Jreeft, May 18, 2017
  2. PMar---01 Win User

Problem to synchronize C7-00 and Nokia Suite

Hi,

I ran a SCANPST.EXE on my Outlook .ost file on the network server. It found some errors and repaired them. By the way, it is an Outlook of MSOffice 2010.

After the repair of the Outlook file, I installed again a Nokia Suite from the location that you provided and rebooted the PC.

The syncing result is the same, no syncing.

What to do next?

Regards

PMar---01, May 18, 2017
  3. Synchronization cannot be started because my mobile device is not able to log on to the network

Hello. This error confuses alot of people because it usually has nothing to do with the "network" but WMDC can't access your Outlook .pst file. I would try to repair your Outlook installation or .pst file:

Repair an Office application

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

Resourceful, May 18, 2017
  4. backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010

Hi jreeft. Welcome to the TenForums @Jreeft

Right click on a piece of mail you want to try this with. In the menu that appears one option is move, hover over this and another menu appears. One of the options is copy to a folder.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 18, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    There is no need to backup OST file its on the server you can delete it and it will just be recreated from the server

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010

1. backup ost file periodically in outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - backup ost file

2. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file: Windows 10, 21 H2 Japanese OSI just cloned the smaller Hard disk drive to larger one. I started the laptop and when I clicked on MS Outlook I got this message Refer screen shotI do not know how to delete the file, though I click on OK and continue checking my email. What...
  3. Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device

Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device: Hello, Im trying to copy outlook .ost file to an offline device. Any ideas on how I can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-outlook-ost-file-to-an-offline-device/9ffe4df9-efb0-4b1e-94d3-2e90c6aaa712
  4. Outlook 2010 Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2010 Backup: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 on my laptop. I have Outlook 2010 Version 14.0.7237.5000 32-bit from Office 2010. I have 2 profiles set for my laptop. Profile 2 Outlook exports perfectly to a .pst file. Profile 1 doesn't export and gives the following error: "The...
  5. import outlook ost file into outlook 365

import outlook ost file into outlook 365: import outlook ost file into outlook 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-outlook-ost-file-into-outlook-365/71d73c46-8c71-4d6b-9b78-537990f59d3a
  6. Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?: Dear all, I tried to restore my Windows 10 with Office 2010 from the WindowsImageBackup yesterday. I found that the Outlook needed to download my emails from the very beginning. My email size was 25G and all sat in my system drive. It would take 3 days to download...
  8. Import recovered OST into Outlook 2010?

Import recovered OST into Outlook 2010?: I manually mined the files from my crashed laptop before I reinstalled Windows 10 and Office 2010. I lost all my contacts - it is an Outlook.com account but the contacts were not synched with the web version. I believe I got the correct OST file from the savage operation....
  9. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659