Windows 10: Backup Problem

Discus and support Backup Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I purchased a My Passport large tera byte USB drive. It came out as the M: drive. I shrunk it to save the My Passport software. I now have: My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by doncole, Apr 17, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

Backup Problem

I purchased a My Passport large tera byte USB drive.

It came out as the M: drive.
    I shrunk it to save the My Passport software.
    I now have:

My Passport (MBackup Problem :) 3.04 GB
    New Volume (O:} 1.81 TB

In Macrium Reflect I selected O: as my destination. (see Screenshot A)
    I have selected all of the C: drive partitions and nothing else. (see Screenshot B)
    When I click Image this disk and Finish I get, "Please select a partition to image".

I already selected C: and O: what do they want?

Don Cole
    Backup Problem [​IMG]

Backup Problem [​IMG]

:)

doncole, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Backup Problem [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Apr 17, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Geekoid Win User

Backup Problem

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Backup Problem

1. Backup Problem - Similar Threads - Backup Problem

2. Backup encountered a problem while backing up a file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup encountered a problem while backing up a file: C:\Users\……\Pictures\Camera Roll Error: (STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002) C:\Users\……\OneDrive\Documents\OneDrive\Documents. Error: (STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003) C:\Users\……\Pictures\Scotland 1986-05\Scotland 1986-09. Error: (STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003) C:\Users\……\Pictures\Saved...
  3. Windows 10 backup problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 backup problems: Windows 10 will not run backup except on one drive. I have uninstalled one drive and am trying to use an external hard drive. It was working two months ago but will not now. Any suggestions? I have checked all of my settings. It says "backup drive F is disconnected" and...
  4. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...: I recently removed the Bluestacks app from my Win 10 (1903) x64 machine. I am using the Window 7 Backup and restore options to do daily incremental backups. After I removed the app I started to get the following error from skipping the following files. Backup encountered a...
  5. Weird problem whilst backup with Macrium to new external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Weird problem whilst backup with Macrium to new external drive: I fitted a new HDD to a PC (not mine) to move folders from primary SSD, all went well until I tried to backup both drives with Macrium Reflect Free. Whilst the pc had the SSD only I had no problem backing it up to the same new Seagate external drive. When backing up the SSD...
  6. Weird problem whilst backup with Macrium to new external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird problem whilst backup with Macrium to new external drive: I fitted a new HDD to a PC (not mine) to move folders from primary SSD, all went well until I tried to backup both drives with Macrium Reflect Free. Whilst the pc had the SSD only I had no problem backing it up to the same new Seagate external drive. When backing up the SSD...
  7. Fixed my problem with file backup

Fixed my problem with file backup: For years I've been using the file backup option found under "Settings". Recently, however, when I clicked on "backup now" I would get a message saying "backing up your data". After 10-15 seconds, it would indicate that the backup was complete, but the date shown was two...
  8. Windows 10 Backup problem

Windows 10 Backup problem: Hi everyone i have done backup of my system C: driver and folders, but when i want backup from partition (E:) to (external hdd) it wont backup ?? please see pic. below . can anyone help me out ...? [ATTACH]...
  9. Problem recovering from Windows Backup

Problem recovering from Windows Backup: Hello, need some help, but I don't know if this is the write place. Got a Windows 2012 R2, crashed and a Backup in a iSCSI disk. When I try to recover (create a Windows 2012 Boot disk with iSCSI Drivers), the recover does not recognised any backup on the iscsi. The...
  10. Easeus todo backup software problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Easeus todo backup software problem: I have easeus todo backup home 11.5 I had to reinstall my windows 10 but, before I did, I made a full system backup to to an externel HD On my PC I have a 256 G SSD drive and a 1TB HD (HP Omen PC) In the todo recovery screen of I have 2 options, I have to pick one or the...