Windows 10: backup program for windows 10

Discus and support backup program for windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; 1-20-2020 Stats: windows 10 pro 64 bit uefi, version # 1909, 2 SSDs, external HD to store the image on. I know this has been discussed before but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jps99, Jan 21, 2020.

1. jps99 Win User

backup program for windows 10

1-20-2020
    Stats: windows 10 pro 64 bit uefi, version # 1909, 2 SSDs,
    external HD to store the image on.

I know this has been discussed before but I need
    someone to come down to the dummy level if they would
    be so kind.

What I want to do is a simple image of my 2 SSDS and be
    able to restore them when needed. It would be ok if I
    could just image the Windows SSD and restore it. Then
    I could just copy the 2nd SSD(my data) to the HD.

Macrium Reflect (the free version) and I do not get along.
    I am able to backup the image but not able to restore it.
    AND I do not know if it is backing up both SSDs.
    Clonezilla-live which I have used for years doesn't work
    for me on Windows 10. So the end result is I have NO
    backup at the present time.

I might have to spring for some money but don't want to
    buy a program that is complicated. It is not necessary
    for a simple image program.

I am at a loss as to what to do.....
    I will be happy to supply any other data that is needed.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

jps99, Jan 21, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. backup program for windows 10 - Similar Threads - backup program

2. simple backup program

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    simple backup program: I have Win 10 and my system on an SDD. I also several partitions where I store user created data--photos, etc.. I am looking for a simple to use backup program (preferably free) that will let me back up the system and all the relevant files (registry etc.) as well as back up...
  3. is there Simple Program which allows me to select the files to backup and the drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is there Simple Program which allows me to select the files to backup and the drive to...: is there Simple Program which allows me to select the files to backup and the drive to store them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-simple-program-which-allows-me-to-select/450e1942-f389-4b47-9eeb-59e1b162b671
  4. How to backup programs settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to backup programs settings in windows 10?: I bought an ssd and I want to do a clean installation of windows but I don't want to download all my programs again and setup all their settings from scratch, is there any program that let's me backup the settings and when I install all my programs again I can just restore...
  5. Windows 10 ignoring backup program request to prevent sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 ignoring backup program request to prevent sleep: I noticed that Windows 10 1903 is ignoring requests from backup applications to stay awake. Macrium support confirmed that Reflect issues API calls to keep the system awake. I can see this using powercfg /requests C:\Program Files x86\Wincouple None. s SYSTEM:...
  6. Is there a backup program I could purchase simpler than Macrium

Is there a backup program I could purchase simpler than Macrium: Hi, I am somewhat IT challenged, and things that others on this forum say are simple often seem complicated to me. I have looked at the Macrium Free tutorials, and although it is great that it's free, I do not find it easy to understand. Is there a program that is well rated...
  7. Backup Installed Programs

Backup Installed Programs: Hello, Several programs are actually installed in the system, some in "program files" folder and some in "program files (x86)" folder. All of them less then 10. All other programs are on another disk as portables. Is there some way to backup those really installed programs so...
  8. Backup Installed Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup Installed Programs: Hello, Several programs are actually installed in the system, some in "program files" folder and some in "program files (x86)" folder. All of them less then 10. All other programs are on another disk as portables. Is there some way to backup those really installed programs so...
  9. Backup program restored files that I can't find

in Browsers and Email
    Backup program restored files that I can't find: The bottom line: Files backed up, then restored from HP's built-in backup/restore recovery partition program can't be searched or seen or found after a restore. ====================================== I used HP backup utility built in to the recovery partition on an 8 month...
  10. Backup program restored files that I can't find

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup program restored files that I can't find: The bottom line: Files backed up, then restored from HP's built-in backup/restore recovery partition program can't be searched or seen or found after a restore. ====================================== I used HP backup utility built in to the recovery partition on an 8 month...