Windows 10: Backup program installations before Windows re-installation

Discus and support Backup program installations before Windows re-installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear all Again I have to do a complete re-installation of Windows since microsoft isn't able to solve my problems. Since I have a big development... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Fuhrer, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Backup program installations before Windows re-installation

Dear all

Again I have to do a complete re-installation of Windows since microsoft isn't able to solve my problems.
    Since I have a big development environment with a lot of different software installed it takes me always up to 2-3 day until I have everything re-installed and setup.
    Is there any way how I can do a backup of my files and all software installed which I can use after a windows re-installation?

Thanks a lot for your help
    cheers
    Kevin

:)

Kevin Fuhrer, Jul 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Re-Installing Windows 7

Yes, everything will have to be re-installed. Just about every program you install makes entries in the Registry which of course will be gone when you install a clean copy of Windows elsewhere.

Jstn7477, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Backup program installations before Windows re-installation

Regularly re-installing OS

I can't say I do it regularly by any means, but I like to have things ready for a re-installation at a moment's notice. I have a backup drive that I keep up to date with my media, programs to reinstall, backed up Steam games, and a long list of all the freeware programs that I use along with links and other necessary info for each one. Uber shitstorm preparedness.

Soylent Joe, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Backup program installations before Windows re-installation

1. Backup program installations before Windows re-installation - Similar Threads - Backup program installations

2. Backups and shorcuts not recognised after clean re-install Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backups and shorcuts not recognised after clean re-install Windows: Hi.I've just done a clean re-install of W10.1604 and then upgraded to 21H2. Beforehand, I copied User files to a spare partition then restored them once I'd got back to 1604. At some point in the process I noticed that a lot of shortcuts were reporting missing targets and now...
  3. Recently Re installed a game, and a windows program I have never seen before was installed....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently Re installed a game, and a windows program I have never seen before was installed....: I recently re-installed battle field 4, and after installing it I noticed this windows program was installed with it. The last time I installed BF4, Microsoft Update Health Tools didnt get installed. So I am just curious as to what it is/does as I have never seen it before....
  4. BitLocker - Clearing the TPM before Re-Install?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker - Clearing the TPM before Re-Install?: I have BitLocker enabled on my internal SSD drive with TPM and PIN protection. If I decide to reinstall Windows, do I need to Clear the TPM before doing so? 140818
  5. Backup Installed Programs

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Installed Programs: Hello, Several programs are actually installed in the system, some in "program files" folder and some in "program files (x86)" folder. All of them less then 10. All other programs are on another disk as portables. Is there some way to backup those really installed programs so...
  6. Backup Installed Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup Installed Programs: Hello, Several programs are actually installed in the system, some in "program files" folder and some in "program files (x86)" folder. All of them less then 10. All other programs are on another disk as portables. Is there some way to backup those really installed programs so...
  7. Backing up Windows 10 mail before re-installation

Backing up Windows 10 mail before re-installation: I'm trying to backup Windows 10 mail app so I can re-install Windows 10 however I'm only able to get part way through the instructions a) Navigate to the following location: b)...
  8. Data Backup before Clean Install

Data Backup before Clean Install: Hello friends, I have started a small repair business and my question revolves around data backup options while doing a clean install on a PC. Generally before doing the clean install, I take a backup of data (User Library such as Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures,...
  9. How to backup programs for clean installation

How to backup programs for clean installation: I plan on doing a clean install of Windows however, as I have limited time and slow internet speed, downloading all the programs again that I currently have would be extremely difficult and time-consuming. How do I backup all of my programs so that I can just restore them...
  10. Backup and transferring program for fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and transferring program for fresh windows 10 install: I want to upgrade a couple of PCs to windows 10 but I need to do a fresh install and then transfer the files back onto the machine. With windows easy transfer gone I havent found any decent 3rd party program to backup and then transfer back onto the machine once its been...