Windows 10: Backup programs load but have stopped running

Discus and support Backup programs load but have stopped running in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My usual backup progs - FBackup or Paragon - have can no longer run any backups, since end of august on one of my network pcs. I can manually connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulharrisWAL, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Backup programs load but have stopped running

My usual backup progs - FBackup or Paragon - have can no longer run any backups, since end of august on one of my network pcs. I can manually connect to the backup disk and copy the files so connections are ok. At one stage I got an error msg: 'IPC cannot start' but that has gone after I reinstalled the program. PCs are running WIN10.

:)

paulharrisWAL, Oct 30, 2018

2. Backup programs load but have stopped running

My usual backup progs - FBackup or Paragon - have can no longer run any backups, since end of august on one of my network pcs. I can manually connect to the backup disk and copy the files so connections are ok. At one stage I got an error msg: 'IPC cannot
    start' but that has gone after I reinstalled the program. PCs are running WIN10.

paulharrisWAL, Nov 9, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Nov 9, 2018
  4. sumasage Win User

Backup programs load but have stopped running

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Backup programs load but have stopped running

1. Backup programs load but have stopped running - Similar Threads - Backup programs load

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Having to run every program as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having to run every program as admin: Hello, I noticed that the only program that runs without admin is the browser, for every other program I have to manually run as admin, otherwise it will not open no matter how many times I click on it, I've had this issue before and it only went away once I reinstalled...
  6. Stopping Programs and Services from Loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Programs and Services from Loading: I would like to create a User on my Windows 10 PC, so when that user logs on that only certain Processes/Services/Programs load or Start. I know many of you will REPLY with things like "why would you want to do that?" or "you should just get a different PC" Any help on...
  7. Backup not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not running: Greetings, How do I get backup to run automatically? When I click Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More options > Back up now, I can get it to run once. I have "Back up my files" set to "Every 10 minutes", but the "Last backup" only shows the last time I ran it...
  8. Stop programs running at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop programs running at boot: Middle of last week I was using Excel on my PC, closed it and shut the computer down. When I turned it back on, Excel opened a blank workbook when the computer started up and does this every time now. Last night, I had Chrome open (watching Netflix), closed Chrome, shut...
  9. Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809: In Task Manager, Processes tab shows many entries of programs I rarely or no longer use. When they are right-clicked and 'End process' is selected, the effect is only temporary. Is there a way of making the effect permanent ?...
  10. Backup Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Will Not Run: Hi Group! I get an error saying there are errors on my destination drive (64gb thumb drive); then when I click on the notice to fix it, it runs the program and says no errors found! Thanks! Mike *Huh 23532