Windows 10: Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

Discus and support Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shobuddy, Aug 14, 2015.

1. shobuddy Win User

Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I want to backup so I keep removing all the folders that Windows adds by default and leave the five (which are included on the Windows default list) that I want to backup. Every time I go back into this setting, however, Windows restores the folders I don't want to backup to the backup list. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

shobuddy, Aug 14, 2015
  2. PKAussie Win User

File History not backing up a folder

Win 10 Home

I have a 3 TB removable HD whose sole purpose is to keep File History backups.

Unfortunately one of my folders isn't being backed up; E:/Documents (128 GB). The correct folders have been selected for FH backup. To keep it simple, I have removed all Exclude folders. The other 4 folders ARE being backed up.

This has been going on since 2016.

The FH backup log has all entries with errors. These errors are all for the only full drive I have selected for FH to backup; drive D: and don't pertain to the folder not being backed up.

Help.

PKAussie, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Copy folder does not remove deleted files in existing folder in backup disk.

When I copy a folder with 7 files to a back up hard drive and the backup hard drive has 9 files (which includes 2 folders which have been sent to the recycle bin since the last backup). The backup drive will update the 7 files but will keep the other 2
    files, even though they have been removed in the source folder. How can I make sure the backup folder accurately shows the status of the source folder?

RonaldGast, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Baz1000 Win User

Baz1000, Aug 17, 2015
  5. shobuddy Win User
    Thanks mate, I have since resolved to using AOMEI for my backups.

shobuddy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back - Similar Threads - Backup removed folders

2. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  3. File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder: Trying to use File History both a timeline type versioning and also as a full backup. Set up new drive and turned File History on and it worked, but only partly. As one example, a folder on my computer has 61 items in folder. When I go to the backup folder on the new backup...
  4. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...
  5. Viruses (trojans) keeps coming back...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses (trojans) keeps coming back...: Hummm, maybe they like my PC a bit too much? Lately I have some trojans that keeps on coming back, no matter how hard I delete them... How can I get rid of these pests? [img] 99069
  6. Backup a folder automatically and incrementally

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup a folder automatically and incrementally: Hi, I have a folder, for example: C:\MASTER -> (A) that I want to backup to: D:\MASTER_BACKUP -> (B) I want to do it manually or automatically when I want. "C:\MASTER" must be always untouched by the software, but also the software but compare A and B folder...
  7. Backup single file in folder

Backup single file in folder: Hi Is there any simple way, not involving 3rd party software to get File History to backup a single file in a folder? I'm trying to backup the Google Chrome bookmarks file, the file itself is about 1k but it's in a folder with 1Gb of files and I don't need to backup any...
  8. Batchfile to automatically backup a folder

Batchfile to automatically backup a folder: I have tried several free file/folder backup utilities, with not much success. the most success I had was with backup maker, but although it states free for private use, it still pops,up a nag screen occaisonly, I could accept this better , if I jones in advance, rather...
  9. Photo App - Hiding displayed folders keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App - Hiding displayed folders keeps coming back: To all experts, I have very peculiar trouble in my Windows 10 Photo App. I don't want my Photo App displaying (keep watch) on these folders. So I exclude them by going to settings (see picture). But then after restarting my pc or after a while they keep coming back...
  10. 2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back: Hey, 2 blank folders have just appeared on my desktop. I can delete them by highlighting and hitting the delete key but they just come straight back. They have no name, no properties. I can't do anything with them. How can I get rid of them and should I be worried...