Windows 10: Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

Discus and support Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shobuddy, Aug 14, 2015.

1. shobuddy Win User

Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I want to backup so I keep removing all the folders that Windows adds by default and leave the five (which are included on the Windows default list) that I want to backup. Every time I go back into this setting, however, Windows restores the folders I don't want to backup to the backup list. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

shobuddy, Aug 14, 2015
  2. PKAussie Win User

File History not backing up a folder

Win 10 Home

I have a 3 TB removable HD whose sole purpose is to keep File History backups.

Unfortunately one of my folders isn't being backed up; E:/Documents (128 GB). The correct folders have been selected for FH backup. To keep it simple, I have removed all Exclude folders. The other 4 folders ARE being backed up.

This has been going on since 2016.

The FH backup log has all entries with errors. These errors are all for the only full drive I have selected for FH to backup; drive D: and don't pertain to the folder not being backed up.

Help.

PKAussie, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Copy folder does not remove deleted files in existing folder in backup disk.

When I copy a folder with 7 files to a back up hard drive and the backup hard drive has 9 files (which includes 2 folders which have been sent to the recycle bin since the last backup). The backup drive will update the 7 files but will keep the other 2
    files, even though they have been removed in the source folder. How can I make sure the backup folder accurately shows the status of the source folder?

RonaldGast, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Baz1000 Win User

Baz1000, Aug 17, 2015
  5. shobuddy Win User
    Thanks mate, I have since resolved to using AOMEI for my backups.

shobuddy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back - Similar Threads - Backup removed folders

2. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  3. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  4. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup to folder?

Backup to folder?: So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup onto it but windows needs a drive to do such a thing and NextCloud provides me with only a folder. What do i do? 177876
  6. Windows Backup: Difference between excluding and removing from backed up folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Backup: Difference between excluding and removing from backed up folders: Hi, I just started backing up my computer to my NAS using Windows Backup (File History). In the settings I have two lists: one called "Back up these folders" and one called "excluded folders". I can remove folders from the "Back up these folders" list so I am wondering what...
  7. backup files/folders

backup files/folders: I need to recover files/folders from backups performed by previous versions of Windows. I presently use Windows 10, and when I click on to select a folder, I get a message that the files/folders are not partitioned etc., and need to be fixed first. On Settings, it shows that...
  8. Backup data folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup data folders: Hello, I'm looking for a software that backup data folders: - The master folder (A) should be untouched - The destination folder (B) should be the perfect copy of (A) - Case sensitive - A file with the same size and date but with different metadata should be updated on the...
  9. File and Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File and Folder Backup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I get messages: "file and folder backup missed a scheduled backup," "file and folder backup will start in [x] seconds," then "job cannot run because of invalid destination." How can I disable this whole process, so that I don't get these...
  10. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...