Windows 10: Backup restore problems

Discus and support Backup restore problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm stumped. I made a win 10 system image and followed the process like the help page "How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BartYount, Oct 23, 2018.

1. BartYount Win User

Backup restore problems

I'm stumped. I made a win 10 system image and followed the process like the help page "How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device" suggested. But as soon as I tell it for perform the back up, I get this error message: "The specified volume extent is not within the public region of the disk." What does that mean, and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Bart

:)

BartYount, Oct 23, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Guitar Win User

Backup restore problems

Windows Backup Problems

Well I'm glad you don't, but this is in an environment where as little downtime as possible is wanted and it is much easier to restore an image with all programs and data then reinstall everything and settings and all.

Have you tried any steps to resolve it?

Guitar, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Backup restore problems

1. Backup restore problems - Similar Threads - Backup restore problems

2. restoring backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restoring backup: Need help with restoring function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-backup/0aa3dd4c-122c-4e70-a307-53c3854c093e
  3. Windows 11 Backup and Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Backup and Restore Problem: I did a backup of my Windows 11 system because my laptop was not seeing an external CD/DVD drive thinking that restoring my system might help me with that. However, I have not been able to fully restore the backup. Some files restore and others do not. In fact, none of my...
  4. Windows 11 Backup and Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Backup and Restore Problem: I did a backup of my Windows 11 system because my laptop was not seeing an external CD/DVD drive thinking that restoring my system might help me with that. However, I have not been able to fully restore the backup. Some files restore and others do not. In fact, none of my...
  5. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: So I am trying to use Windows backup and restore tool on my Sony Vaio laptop and I can't get it to work someone please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/82ca9cbf-e2a1-4116-83d7-002735c2c3be
  6. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Why can't I run a system image backup on my new Windows 11 HP laptop. only 60 gb used on 476gb ssd? My external Hard drive has 841gb free, yet the back up stops saying there isn't enough room to create backup because of VSS doesn't have enough space? how much space does it...
  7. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Windows backup failed. I am attaching screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/7edd6d5a-3d6b-4840-a0af-eb95d5170697
  8. Problem restoring from backup

Problem restoring from backup: In order to fix an issue with my windows update on windows 10 I was advised through my virtual agent to make a backup of my computer on an external hard drive and then reset my computer keeping nothing. I was able to successfully wipe my computer but I am now having trouble...
  9. backup and restore

backup and restore: Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/102cb00f-7a92-443f-986c-01090b36d99d
  10. Restoring backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393