Windows 10: Backup & Restore with Macrium

Discus and support Backup & Restore with Macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Motim, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Backup & Restore with Macrium

Hello,
    Thanks for the answers.
    Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused
    http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html

and I have lot of questions since,
    1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502 KB" downloaded 2 months ago, the other one downloaded yesterday as in the article above "ReflectDL(6.1.1225).exe size 3.463 KB" - which one to use.
    2. Do not know what is "uefi", what is my system, when starting I have on screen for a second or 2 "set bios (F2)",
    here I attach a screenshot of the 'disk management', have two disks, one divided into 2, C: for the system and D: for data, the other is F: to store the backups.
    3. What partitions to select for the backup (refering the screenshot).
    4.. shell I add "add macrium boot menu" ? (I did it on the win 7 and quickly removed it)
    5. I still do not have an external usb disk (I intend to) so the backups go to F: as mentioned above but the rescue disk needs a dvd size ?
    And about the 'snipping tool' - I call it from the 'search windows' there is no shortcut, I right-click on the small window and do not get any option to create a shortcut.
    Think that is all for now.
    Appreciate your answers
    Many Thanks

:)

Motim, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

How to backup Windows 10 system

As backup & restore is being depreciated MS are advising users to use 3rd party backup software like Macrium Reflect free.
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

Time Lady, Apr 28, 2016
  3. I want to back up my computer to an outside "Digital Research" hardrive - how do I do that from Windows 10?

Please use Macrium a freeware to backup and Restore:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/61026-backu...

Windows backup systems are deprecated and are planned to remove in future versions of Windows.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 28, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

6.1.1225 is the one to use , it should give you the latest version install.

As far as I can tell your system doesn't use a UEFI boot partition based on what your disk partitioning shows.

Depends what you're trying to backup.

If you want to save your Operating System so you can restore it and make it re-bootable, let macrium choose for you , there is an option on the left hand side 'create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore windows, this will choose the partitions for you.

If you want to copy everything , select everything.

Personally I don't bother with that option.

The rescue disk is a writeable DVD/USB thumb drive that you boot from if your system can't boot up , this then lets you access the backups and restore it without booting into the OS.

You can add the sniping tool to your desktop by right clicking in the search box and choosing 'open file location' , then right clicking the icon in that window and choose 'send to' 'desktop'.

Wullail, Apr 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Backup & Restore with Macrium - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Macrium

2. Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME: Ok guys another conundrum, but this isnt a critical issue rather something that would be nice to fix. So I was temporarily without my m.2 drive, and windows 10 was actually originally installed on a spare SATA SSD I had. When my m.2 stick was available again, I backed up...
  3. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  4. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  5. Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?

Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?: 1. All my docs, pictures etc. are on the internal spinning HD. I have made a Macrium backp of my C drive (its a 250 GB SSD) every week for years and I have a bootable Macrium startup DVD. I did two trial restorations a few years ago which were successful. However, after a...
  6. Backup / Restore to Network drives (Macrium)

Backup / Restore to Network drives (Macrium): Hi folks when you create the stand alone Macrium don't forget to enable legacy SMB1 support (in the Macrium create recovery media) under advanced if your backups goes to NAS or other shared network devices that still need SMB1. [img] Cheers jimbo 128463
  7. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  8. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  9. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: How to: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect How to Create and Restore a System Image Backup with Macrium Reflect [img] Information To begin I quote myself from the Macrium viBoot tutorial: I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium...