Windows 10: Backup/Restore

Discus and support Backup/Restore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Win7, I could view the files on my backup storage, both system and my own documents etc. separately. I don't seem to be able to do this in Win10. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerryCritchley, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Backup/Restore

In Win7, I could view the files on my backup storage, both system and my own documents etc. separately. I don't seem to be able to do this in Win10. In fact. I'm not even sure the latter have been saved. What do I do to check this?

:)

TerryCritchley, Apr 12, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Apr 12, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Backup/Restore

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Backup/Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Backup/Restore

1. Backup/Restore - Similar Threads - Backup Restore

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?: This is something that's been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that in the Control Panel the option to back up and restore is Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 the option is seemingly always for Windows 7. I...
  5. Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?

Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?: This is something that's been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that in the Control Panel the option to back up and restore is Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 the option is seemingly always for Windows 7. I...
  6. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  7. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  8. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  9. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  10. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...