Windows 10: Backup / Restore

Discus and support Backup / Restore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a full backup to DVD+R disks on 11/16/16 from my Windows 10 laptop. How do I restore one specific directory from those disks now? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G Kramer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. G Kramer Win User

Backup / Restore

I created a full backup to DVD+R disks on 11/16/16 from my Windows 10 laptop.

How do I restore one specific directory from those disks now?

The fist disk of 45 has a diectory chain like:

DVD RW Disk D:/WindowsImageBackup/<LaptopName>/Backup 2016-11-17 025121 /

and then files like:

BackupSpecs.xml

d8141c6f-d461-4a0e-9ad8-20c610fd2c72_AdditionalFilesc3b9f3c7-5e52-4d5e-8b20-19adc95a34c7.xml

Esp.vhdx

:)

G Kramer, Nov 27, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Backup / Restore

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Backup / Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Backup / Restore

1. Backup / Restore - Similar Threads - Backup Restore

2. Question about backup and restoring Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about backup and restoring Windows 10: I have an SSD as my main storage and a HDD to save all my games. Is there a way to only backup my SSD's appdata and restore my windows to 0 while keeping all my HDD data (all the games and stuff) and of course the old appdata submitted by /u/andresma7 [link] [comments]...
  3. Registry Backup & Restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Backup & Restore: After becoming disenchanted with the Windows Restore Point methodology, I’ve started taking manual registry backups using ‘RegEdit’. My query is that if I need to restore from one of these backups, does it completely replace the current contents of the registry, or, does...
  4. Backup and Restore Windows 10 NTFS system partition from within Arch Linux installation USB...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup and Restore Windows 10 NTFS system partition from within Arch Linux installation USB...: Hi, I need advice how to backup or restore windows 10 system partion from arch linux installation usb with rsync command. I would like backup partion to another partition or better to one compressed file. When I'll want restore my system from backup, I just restart PC to arch...
  5. Backup & Restore Windows 7 Error code 0x80070005 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup & Restore Windows 7 Error code 0x80070005 Access is denied: For some years, I have done a full Backup automatically every week using Backup & Restore Windows 7. In Jun 20, it stopped working with Access is denied Error code 0x80070005. [ATTACH] I hadn't changed anything. I can't remember if there had been a Windows Update at the...
  6. Windows Backup and Restore

Windows Backup and Restore: When I attempt to backup my PC using Windows Backup and Restore, the backup fails almost immediately. The message window states: Check your backup. A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information. Details: The...
  7. How to restore personal files after system restore when “backup” doesn’t recognize backup...

How to restore personal files after system restore when “backup” doesn’t recognize backup...: My Windows 10 had some issues and i had to restore windows, effectively resetting my computer. I have a backup external HD, that I backup my personal files. After doing all the necessary windows updates, I tried the backup for my personal files but the backup in system...
  8. Windows Defender and Backup and Restore interaction

Windows Defender and Backup and Restore interaction: I went to do a Backup and Restore on a Windows 10 computer, only to have the backup fail with a report of malware being found. But wait!! Windows Defender is running, how does that happen? Discocvered that Defender didn't deal with a number issues, etx. But I'm...
  9. My device controlled from Olympia, Windows 7 Backup and Restore creates System Images but...

My device controlled from Olympia, Windows 7 Backup and Restore creates System Images but...: My device connected to Work or School Account given from Microsoft, but now Windows 7 Back up and Restore fails to Restore System Image, why and how to solve? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...

Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...: On Windows 10 2004 I have Windows 7-style Backup configured to run a weekly backup of all of the system drive C: plus a system restore image to another local drive F:\WindowsImageBackup\{$MACHINENAME} In the Windows 10 Windows 7-style Backup applet, in the Restore options...