Windows 10: Backup saved bad driver install and now my OS is messed up

Discus and support Backup saved bad driver install and now my OS is messed up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with a driver not allowing my keyboard or mouse to work at login. I made a backup of it without knowing it was going to screw up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zeke33, Jun 6, 2020.

1. zeke33 Win User

Backup saved bad driver install and now my OS is messed up

I have a problem with a driver not allowing my keyboard or mouse to work at login. I made a backup of it without knowing it was going to screw up my computer. I am now reinstalling Windows 10 hoping I can restore from the backup, but the driver is installed on there. I believe I can view the contents of the image and delete the bad driver. Is there any way of restoring from the backup or is it gone?

:)

zeke33, Jun 6, 2020
  2. musek Win User

ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Jun 6, 2020
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Jonnycat Win User

I messed up my Os installation

Installing Windows to a drive if there is another drive (with it's own OS loaded) connected to the system always messes with the pre-existing OS. Look at the boot.ini file, and rebuild it using "bootcfg /rebuild".

Jonnycat, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Backup saved bad driver install and now my OS is messed up - Similar Threads - Backup saved bad

2. Messed up my file save locations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my file save locations.: Does anyone know how to restore the default folder save location. Everything gets saved in "Documents". For example, when I screenshot, it just shows inside "Documents". Also, when I download an app, the additional folder is saved in "Documents"....
  3. Messed up my file save locations.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up my file save locations.: Does anyone know how to restore the default folder save location. Everything gets saved in "Documents". For example, when I screenshot, it just shows inside "Documents". Also, when I download an app, the additional folder is saved in "Documents"....
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY: I can't use my windows defender and also I Can't find "Security Centre" in service.msc . I also have recently downloaded malwarebytes and removed some trojan and a virus called "SOUNDFLOWPICKER". But my win def is still not working .I am eagerly looking for a viable solution....
  5. Computer badly messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer badly messed up: I'll get straight to the point to not bother you with unneeded information.I tried factory restarting my Windows 11 computer with the reset settings Remove everything > Local reinstall > Clean data, Delete files from all drivesThen I got the message "There was a problem...
  6. Computer badly messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer badly messed up: I'll get straight to the point to not bother you with unneeded information.I tried factory restarting my Windows 11 computer with the reset settings Remove everything > Local reinstall > Clean data, Delete files from all drivesThen I got the message "There was a problem...
  7. My Save As Dialogue is suddenly messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Save As Dialogue is suddenly messed up: When I Save As in any program Word, Powerpoint, Adobe the dialog box no longer looks like it used to and I can't see folders or a navigation pane. I've attached a screen shot of an example. I am using Windows 10. I've tried restoring folder options to default in control...
  8. I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC (MSI GS65 Stealth) with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key (first time I did that). My computer was very fast (9th gen i7, SSD). For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I...
  9. I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC MSI GS65 Stealth with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key first time I did that. My computer was very fast 9th gen i7, SSD. For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I decided to...
  10. Installing boot camp drivers messed up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing boot camp drivers messed up...: So the Boot Camp setup tool hung at first on “Apple USB Virtual Host Controller.” I tried to X out to cancel install and it popped up a dialog to cancel the install. I hit Yes. Nothing happened. So i went into task manager and ended the task. I went back into the apple folder...