Windows 10: Backup scheduling in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup scheduling in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Seagate 4TB external hard drive and would like to schedule it to backup files from my Windows 10 PC. However, the only option I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PCJim2, Feb 7, 2020.

1. PCJim2 Win User

Backup scheduling in Windows 10

I recently purchased a Seagate 4TB external hard drive and would like to schedule it to backup files from my Windows 10 PC. However, the only option I see is with Windows 10 File History which does not provide scheduling other than several hours or daily. I used to use Seagate Dashboard on my previous external hard drive, but that doesn't seem to be available on this one. Is there another way I can create a weekly schedule for backup at a time of my choosing?

:)

PCJim2, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Feb 7, 2020
  3. rmonroe36 Win User
    How To Schedule Windows System Image Backup

Became intrigued with WBadmin and found the attached link. While it is a step-by-step for Windows 8.1, it works with Windows 10 Build 10061. Was able to mount the image and did a restore. Thanks for sharing*Biggrin.

http://pureinfotech.com/2013/10/24/s...-image-backup/

Rich (another one)

rmonroe36, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Backup scheduling in Windows 10

Permanently Disable File History Backup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the back up and check if it helps.

• Press windows+X and click on control panel.
    • Then click on “backup and restore option”.
    • Then click on the option “turn on schedule”.
    • Then on the left hand side you will get the option ”Turn off schedule”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Backup scheduling in Windows 10

1. Backup scheduling in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup scheduling

2. Scheduled Backup and Local password storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Backup and Local password storage: [If this is not posted in the right forum or board, apologies and please let me know the correct one.]Change Group PolicyIn order to satisfy best security practices, I recently altered Group Policy: Enabled Storing Local PasswordsComputer Config -> Policies -> Windows...
  3. Scheduled Backup and Local password storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Backup and Local password storage: [If this is not posted in the right forum or board, apologies and please let me know the correct one.]Change Group PolicyIn order to satisfy best security practices, I recently altered Group Policy: Enabled Storing Local PasswordsComputer Config -> Policies -> Windows...
  4. In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?: Windows 11 seems to be missing the ability to SCHEDULE a regular system image backup using the old Win7 backup and restore system option when that is all you want to do.In Windows 10, you *can* schedule just an image backup, but that option seems to be missing in Win 11.So......
  5. In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?

In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?: Windows 11 seems to be missing the ability to SCHEDULE a regular system image backup using the old Win7 backup and restore system option when that is all you want to do.In Windows 10, you *can* schedule just an image backup, but that option seems to be missing in Win 11.So......
  6. Windows 11 PC doesn't wake from Sleep to run GoodSync scheduled backup job

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC doesn't wake from Sleep to run GoodSync scheduled backup job: I have a new PC with Windows 11 as follows:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎9/‎2022 OS build 22621.963 Serial number PF3Z0S8Q Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I use a backup program called GoodSync, which works fine on my...
  7. Windows 11 PC doesn't wake from Sleep to run GoodSync scheduled backup job

Windows 11 PC doesn't wake from Sleep to run GoodSync scheduled backup job: I have a new PC with Windows 11 as follows:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎9/‎2022 OS build 22621.963 Serial number PF3Z0S8Q Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I use a backup program called GoodSync, which works fine on my...
  8. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  9. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  10. Widows backup not run in the schedule time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows backup not run in the schedule time: Windows backup to my computer does not run on schedule. At times will miss backup. Was supposed to run last night and this morning when I checked it had not run. While I was checking, it started to run. Sme times it does not run and I have to start it manually. This happens...