Windows 10: Backup... to another drive

Discus and support Backup... to another drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder. I know I can just copy the folder each time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheNamelessPoet, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Backup... to another drive

So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder.
    I know I can just copy the folder each time I want to back it up but I was looking to see if there was an easy way to automate it without additional software. I do NOT want my picture in online storage.

TheNamelessPoet, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 2, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Backup... to another drive

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Backup... to another drive

1. Backup... to another drive - Similar Threads - Backup another drive

2. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive: I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm...
  3. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive: I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm...
  4. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Doing Macrium backups as another user

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Doing Macrium backups as another user: I bought my computer back in March and only now have gotten around to create a normal user-account, instead of using the original admin account when I first set up windows 10. (Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎09 OS build 19043.1081 Experience...
  6. Incremental backup from one external drive to another?

Incremental backup from one external drive to another?: I'm using an external SSD connected to my router as a central storage device for all my files. I'd like to make regular backups to another external drive (not an SSD) to keep my data safe. I've tried connecting both drives to my PC and doing a complete copy but this takes...
  7. How to switch backups from one drive to another

How to switch backups from one drive to another: My computer had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using the Windows Backup program but my drive ran out of room and it had to stop backing up and gave me errors. Now I bought a new 8 TB usb external drive. I changed my settings to back up to that drive and it...
  8. Backup drives

Backup drives: Can one backup drive be used for multiple computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-drives/8b93a2a0-58a9-4a9a-b0a5-f57bc953eafe"
  9. Backup from one external hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup from one external hard drive to another: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both 2TB) using Windows 7 backup and restore for a few years. After copying all my images to a 5TB drive, and having another blank...
  10. Backup one partition to another

Backup one partition to another: Hi, I have two basic GPT partitions (except from the WINRE and EFI system partitions) C:[Windows] and D:[Data] I want to create a periodic image backup of C: in D: Is that possible to do that using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) that comes also with Windows 10 or only...