Windows 10: Backup to external drive

Discus and support Backup to external drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdBradley3, May 17, 2020.

1. Backup to external drive

In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am attempting to back up to an external drive.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

EdBradley3, May 17, 2020
  2. JATownes Win User

Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

I run 2 500GB drives in RAID-0. (Seagate 7200.12 drives)

This is very good advice. I have lost my array once. *Mad Backup to external drive :mad: I backup weekly to an external, and also copy any important files (work data, game saves, pics, etc.) to my 500GB "personal" drive. So basically, I have an image of my Array saved to the external, and a copy of "My Documents" backed up to the internal 500GB.

Moral of the story: Definately backup often, whether running a RAID array or not. *Toast :toast:

JATownes, May 17, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 17, 2020
  4. Backup to external drive

Smittychat., May 17, 2020
Thema:

Backup to external drive

1. Backup to external drive - Similar Threads - Backup external drive

2. External Backup Drive Question...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Backup Drive Question...: I'm using a Toshiba external backup drive. I'm backing up my entire computer but 1 folder says it's going to take another 12 hours before completing. I don't have that kind of time so I would like to stop it. However, it's already downloaded thousands of files from it. I...
  3. External Backup Drive Question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Backup Drive Question...: I'm using a Toshiba external backup drive. I'm backing up my entire computer but 1 folder says it's going to take another 12 hours before completing. I don't have that kind of time so I would like to stop it. However, it's already downloaded thousands of files from it. I...
  4. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  5. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  6. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup to external drive: I want to backup my computer to an external drive. I have windows 10 in a partition on my MacBook Pro. when I go to backup it says "no usable drive found" even though I have my i-Portable plugged in...What do I need to do to make this work?...
  8. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hi, recently I bought a new computer dell Inspiron small desktop, I also own a "Toshiba external hard drive USB 3.0 USB devise", which I used to backup my previous desktop computer for years where I saved valuable files and documents. Now when I tried to open this devise in...
  9. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to external drive: People say to backup more so using Win10. Read some say to use other than Windows backup. If using such as Macrium Reflect. Would I need to create an Image of the whole drive on my laptop with my files/photos and system etc. So in the event of a failure/corruption etc, it...
  10. Backup to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to an external drive.: How do I connect my networked computer to my router connected usb hard drive for backing up my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/backup-to-an-external-drive/7b876cf8-b372-4ffa-b599-0fbc5c0b1109

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup pc on an external drive