Windows 10: Backup to folder?

Discus and support Backup to folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeoAsylum, May 4, 2021.

1. NeoAsylum Win User

Backup to folder?

So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup onto it but windows needs a drive to do such a thing and NextCloud provides me with only a folder. What do i do?

:)

NeoAsylum, May 4, 2021

2. Cannot 'add folder' to Backup, error code 0x80070032 (Win10)

Hi,

Is the external drive a NTFS format?

The custom library files that are stored in your user profile will not be backed up.

Try the following suggestions and check.

• Move the library folder from the user profile path to a location outside the user profile path. For example, move the folder to the C:\MyLibraries folder.
    • Exclude the library from the list of files that Windows Backup backs up. Then, include the original location of the content in the library in the backup list.
    • Move the library folder to a location other than the user profile folder. Then, add a link to the moved folder from the library. Make sure that the library is included in the backup.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 5, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Steam backups?

I just backed up all my steam games to my storage drive... my steam folder is around 80GB, but my backup is only 56GB. I did select every game in the list. Does it back up in a compressed format?

4. Backup to folder?

Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what
    I want. I just want to delete all folder names from those lists. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete a listed folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

WP51 user even now, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Backup to folder?

1. Backup to folder? - Similar Threads - Backup folder

2. How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?: Hey, I am currently using Windows 11 and accidentally moved some files & folders into the font folder. I have copied the folder and moved the copies of the files & folders onto the desktop. I am now trying to delete the old font folder and replace it but Windows doesn't allow...
  3. How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I replace the entire font folder with a backup?: Hey, I am currently using Windows 11 and accidentally moved some files & folders into the font folder. I have copied the folder and moved the copies of the files & folders onto the desktop. I am now trying to delete the old font folder and replace it but Windows doesn't allow...
  4. I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows: I am stuck in an blue screen and restart loop, unable to boot my windows , ive tried everything. Now hp support has reccomended me to reinstall windows but i want to backup my app data roaming folder which is not accessible through troubleshoot>cmd prompt>notepad...
  5. I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows

I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows: I am stuck in an blue screen and restart loop, unable to boot my windows , ive tried everything. Now hp support has reccomended me to reinstall windows but i want to backup my app data roaming folder which is not accessible through troubleshoot>cmd prompt>notepad...
  6. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  7. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  8. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  9. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  10. After Moving Documents folder, Windows Backup reports "The backup completed but some files...

After Moving Documents folder, Windows Backup reports "The backup completed but some files...: After using the Move function to transfer the location of my Documents, Videos, Music and Pictures folders to a new drive with more space, Windows Backup complains about skipping those folders. It should be aware that they've been moved and report the backup as successful vs....