Windows 10: Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop

Discus and support Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello community. I have a strange problem affecting one pc on a home network. When backing up using AOMEI or Acronis software this one laptop fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicWindley, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop

Hello community.

I have a strange problem affecting one pc on a home network. When backing up using AOMEI or Acronis software this one laptop fails during the write cycle to the NAS.

Any idea on how I might resolve this would be very much appreciated.

:)

NicWindley, Jun 22, 2019
  2. tulving Win User

Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail

Hi guys,

if I run a backup on an external usb 3.0 hard drive, Macrium Free create the image of the system drive, but if I scheduled (or manually run) the same backup on a network folder (a raid0 hard drive usb enclosure connected to the usb 3.0 port of my Asus DSL-AC68U wifi router), after some processing, it fails. The log tells that it should be a write problem, the network location not connected, but the folder is stable connected.

Here the screenshot, where you can see the initial process where location is connected, the last message where there's the error, and the folder still connected and writable:

Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop [​IMG]

Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop [​IMG]

any suggestion about this?

Thanks a lot!

tulving, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Error code: 0x80004005, while connecting NAS drives to laptop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the NAS drives are not getting connected to system on local network.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article to
    take a backup of registry

1. Press Windows + X key together.
    2. Click on Windows PowerShell (Admin) and accept the UAC prompt.
    3. Run the below command on the PowerShell window:
      Set-SmbClientConfiguration -RequireSecuritySignature 1
    4. Now press y key and hit enter when prompted.
    5. Run the below command: Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters" RequireSecureNegotiate -Value 0 –Force.
    6. Close the PowerShell window and restart the PC.

Also, you can refer the article
    Mapped network drive may fail to reconnect in Windows 10, version 1809

Let us know the result of the above suggestions.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop

In Need of a NAS

No, corruption is not that common although it does happen.
    I have 2x320GB drives in RAID0 on my main rig and back it up to a NAS that is 2x320GB in RAID0.
    I only back up what I care about and since it resides on both system either could fail and I would still have my data.

If the NAS fails there is the possibility of it corrupting the drives, which would suck if you have no back up.

Remember gents, I'm an IT Manager so backups are high on my list of things to absolutely have. *Big Grin Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop :D

Kreij, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop

1. Backup to NAS fails during write - only on one laptop - Similar Threads - Backup NAS fails

2. Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS: Hi!I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 and I keep getting error 0x81000039 when performing backup to a Netgear NAS. It happens at about 97 % finished. When looking in the NAS catalog a backup exists in the WindowsImageBackup catalog but I guess it is not complete.I have...
  3. Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS: Hi!I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 and I keep getting error 0x81000039 when performing backup to a Netgear NAS. It happens at about 97 % finished. When looking in the NAS catalog a backup exists in the WindowsImageBackup catalog but I guess it is not complete.I have...
  4. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to NAS - Linksys router: If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I can no longer write to the drives. I've beaten my head against the wall for months, just letting it go and not fixing it but...
  5. Best Backup for NAS drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Backup for NAS drives?: Hi, Would anyone recommend a good Cloud Backup for my NAS drives, Synology DS218J NAS 16TB and WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS 8TB both on RAID1 (HOME) setups but am looking for a online backup incase off theft or any other problems? I'm using about 2-4TB at the moment. Thanks...
  6. Backup to NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to NAS: Hello! I want to save my Windows backup to my NAS but i am running access to it without credentials, and that dosnt work for Windows Backup. The backup feature wants credentials but i dont have any. Typing Guest/Guest dosnt work, it just says i need full permission but i...
  7. Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected: After upgrading to windows 10 build 18234 the backup is falling with following message.... Check your backup The media is write protected Error code 0x80070013 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. BSOD Attempt to write to readonly memory (VHDMP.SYS) during Backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Attempt to write to readonly memory (VHDMP.SYS) during Backup: My computer delivers a BSOD and reboots when I get to about 95% through a Windows backup. The error message points to VHDMP.SYS. It's actually failed intermittently for some weeks and then backed-up okay but today some 10 attempts have all failed. I've tried checks to the...
  9. Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail

Macrium Free - backup on Nas fail: Hi guys, if I run a backup on an external usb 3.0 hard drive, Macrium Free create the image of the system drive, but if I scheduled (or manually run) the same backup on a network folder (a raid0 hard drive usb enclosure connected to the usb 3.0 port of my Asus DSL-AC68U...
  10. ERROR CODE 0X807800C5 during backup to NAS

ERROR CODE 0X807800C5 during backup to NAS: i started a back up with just the recommended files and a system image just in case. it was prolly at 30% ish when i left the house and came back to the error below, i was reading the problems others were having and i don't know if it applies. the NAS200 server is linux and i...