Windows 10: Backup to NAS

Discus and support Backup to NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I want to save my Windows backup to my NAS but i am running access to it without credentials, and that dosnt work for Windows Backup. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johanfk, Jan 1, 2019.

1. johanfk Win User

Backup to NAS

Hello!

I want to save my Windows backup to my NAS but i am running access to it without credentials, and that dosnt work for Windows Backup.

The backup feature wants credentials but i dont have any. Typing Guest/Guest dosnt work, it just says i need full permission but i have that.

How can i work around this problem ?

:)

johanfk, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Should I go for a NAS?

1. How many PC's need access to the data?
    2. Are you streaming data to TV's or mobile devices?
    3. Do you need to access the data whilst the PC is off

If you are not thinking of any of the above I would suggest that 8TB of storage On the PC and sufficient Backup Space external to it would be fine, and more cost effective.

If you are intending any of the above and especially Number 3 then a NAS looks more appropriate

Barman58, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 1, 2019
  4. tvanover Win User

Backup to NAS

Win10 no-touch backups to synology nas

I have a Win 10 desktop and a new DS214play Synology NAS. I have been backing up my desktop with Carbonite for years, but now I would like to set up the same functionality on my NAS (since it is set to glacier backup). The key features I am looking for are:

• No-touch change syncing - like Google Drive/Carbonite/CrashPlan
    • Client folder selection - On the client I want to be able specify existing folders, not limited to set folders like Google drive or Dropbox.
    • Version tracking - I got bit by CryptoLocker a while back, and while it was able to encrypt my entire local backup drive, and all it's changes synced up to Carbonite, I was able to roll back all those changes. The client needs to be able to write backups to the server, but not overwrite backups on the server (so mapping a drive to a drive letter is right out).

Any thoughts on windows clients (or system settings) that would allow me to do this?

tvanover, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Backup to NAS

1. Backup to NAS - Similar Threads - Backup NAS

2. I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...: I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the pictures and cannot move or download them is there any software to move the files...
  3. I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...: I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the pictures and cannot move or download them is there any software to move the files...
  4. Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS: Hi!I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 and I keep getting error 0x81000039 when performing backup to a Netgear NAS. It happens at about 97 % finished. When looking in the NAS catalog a backup exists in the WindowsImageBackup catalog but I guess it is not complete.I have...
  5. Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS

Error 0x81000039 during Win 11 backup to an external NAS: Hi!I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 and I keep getting error 0x81000039 when performing backup to a Netgear NAS. It happens at about 97 % finished. When looking in the NAS catalog a backup exists in the WindowsImageBackup catalog but I guess it is not complete.I have...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - backup to NAS part of DOMAIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro - backup to NAS part of DOMAIN: Environment:Home Domain Controller - Server 2019Multiple Windows 10 computers - all fully updated to 21H2NAS: TrueNAS 10.0-U7 joined to the DomainProblem:I have the DC backing up to the NAS no problems at all...using an AD account - and password. This was easily setup after...
  7. Windows 10 Pro - backup to NAS part of DOMAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - backup to NAS part of DOMAIN: Environment:Home Domain Controller - Server 2019Multiple Windows 10 computers - all fully updated to 21H2NAS: TrueNAS 10.0-U7 joined to the DomainProblem:I have the DC backing up to the NAS no problems at all...using an AD account - and password. This was easily setup after...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - backup to NAS part of DOMAIN

9. PROBLEM WITH NAS BACKUP VOLUME SHADOW COPY RESETS ON EVERY REBOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEM WITH NAS BACKUP VOLUME SHADOW COPY RESETS ON EVERY REBOOT: I have Windows 10 installed and use Acronis to back up the hard drive to a NAS system. I understand from Acronis who have looked at the logs that the problem I'm having is because the Volume Shadow Copy is not starting. If you set this to be on and start, it will not stay on...
  10. PROBLEM WITH NAS BACKUP VOLUME SHADOW COPY RESETS ON EVERY REBOOT

PROBLEM WITH NAS BACKUP VOLUME SHADOW COPY RESETS ON EVERY REBOOT: I have Windows 10 installed and use Acronis to back up the hard drive to a NAS system. I understand from Acronis who have looked at the logs that the problem I'm having is because the Volume Shadow Copy is not starting. If you set this to be on and start, it will not stay on...