Windows 10: Backup to OneDrive

Discus and support Backup to OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, My WD Passport external drive is full and I've decided that for many reasons I'd probably be better off saving to OneDrive - only problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyDixon, Sep 19, 2019.

1. JoyDixon Win User

Backup to OneDrive

Hi there, My WD Passport external drive is full and I've decided that for many reasons I'd probably be better off saving to OneDrive - only problem is that even after remv9ng G; as the backup destination in Settings I cannot find where I can load OneDriave as the target. All help gratefully received. Thanks.

:)

JoyDixon, Sep 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 19, 2019
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Sep 19, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Backup to OneDrive

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Backup to OneDrive

1. Backup to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Backup OneDrive

2. OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files: OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking. I went in an turned off backup of the documents folder, and it deleted the entirety of the folder from my local PC. I had not asked it to do any of this. I have to manually move files from the OneDrive back to the local...
  3. OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files: OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking. I went in an turned off backup of the documents folder, and it deleted the entirety of the folder from my local PC. I had not asked it to do any of this. I have to manually move files from the OneDrive back to the local...
  4. OneDrive started to backup my computer without asking and deleted local files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive: I saw another post asking about this, and there doesn't seem to be a way: only the user folders are options for auto sync in Onedrive. Is that still the case? And what happens if/when I reinstall Windows or get a new PC? Is there a way that libraries can be synced like the...
  6. How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive

How to backup libraries in Windows 11 to OneDrive: I saw another post asking about this, and there doesn't seem to be a way: only the user folders are options for auto sync in Onedrive. Is that still the case? And what happens if/when I reinstall Windows or get a new PC? Is there a way that libraries can be synced like the...
  7. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive: I want to prepare for switching to Win 11. Using Windows Backup seems useful in order to get all the settings back. I have an SSD with Windows on it. All my data files and photos are on my other two hdds, which are partitioned. When I open Backup and click on Folders, all...
  8. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive: I want to prepare for switching to Win 11. Using Windows Backup seems useful in order to get all the settings back. I have an SSD with Windows on it. All my data files and photos are on my other two hdds, which are partitioned. When I open Backup and click on Folders, all...
  9. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scheduled backup one drive

2. file history backup drive as stopped October 19

3. is it better work soely out of onedrive or backup to onedrive