Windows 10: backup users and restore on a new Windows installation failed.

Discus and support backup users and restore on a new Windows installation failed. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Where did I mess up? I made a backup image of the Users data using Windows backup and restore. Then reinstalled windows. Restored the users data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by link626, Mar 19, 2020.

1. link626 Win User

backup users and restore on a new Windows installation failed.

Where did I mess up?

I made a backup image of the Users data using Windows backup and restore.

Then reinstalled windows.

Restored the users data folders, again using windows B&R.

Then "net user user1 /add"

But now, the new windows install creates a new user directory for the same username.

In this case, the directory "user1" was restored, but when I login to user1, a new "user1.pcname" directory is created.

How do you properly migrate existing users?

:)

link626, Mar 19, 2020
  2. link626 Win User

Where did I mess up?

I made a backup image of the Users data using Windows backup and restore.

Then reinstalled windows.

Restored the users data folders, again using windows B&R.

Then "net user user1 /add"

But now, the new windows install creates a new user directory for the same username.

In this case, the directory "user1" was restored, but when I login to user1, a new "user1.pcname" directory is created.

How do you properly migrate existing users?

link626, Mar 19, 2020
  3. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Mar 19, 2020
  4. backup users and restore on a new Windows installation failed.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. backup users and restore on a new Windows installation failed. - Similar Threads - backup users restore

2. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive: Hi all, a few years back I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still use Windows 7 backup and restore to do my backups. I would like to install my most recent backup to a new SSD. I'm confused now because I used the media creation tool to make an iso, then burned it to a...
  3. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive: Hi all, a few years back I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still use Windows 7 backup and restore to do my backups. I would like to install my most recent backup to a new SSD. I'm confused now because I used the media creation tool to make an iso, then burned it to a...
  4. How to install windows 10 backup from backup and restore to new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restoring windows backup in a new array

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring windows backup in a new array: Hi,I am responsible for operating windows server 2016. The server has 3 hard drives, and the controller is on RAID 0 mode. I want to change the array to RAID 1. Can I backup the server to an external drive, change the array to RAID 0, and restore the backup using the CD...
  6. Restoring windows backup in a new array

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring windows backup in a new array: Hi,I am responsible for operating windows server 2016. The server has 3 hard drives, and the controller is on RAID 0 mode. I want to change the array to RAID 1. Can I backup the server to an external drive, change the array to RAID 0, and restore the backup using the CD...
  7. backup and restore system image fails

backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  8. failed restores with EaseUS Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    failed restores with EaseUS Backup: I am using the free edition of EaseUS ToDo Backup and run into problems with restoring in a specific situation. I was doing regular full backups of a Win7 system partition, located on Disk 1 (not sure if it matters, but when I installed Win 7 a long time ago, I forced...
  9. BAckup and restore for new User

BAckup and restore for new User: Hi All Used to be windows user in the xp days and then went to mac. Now Mac's are becoming way too expensive and Windows 10 seems to be a more stable product, I am looking to move back. With Mac I can do a Time Machine backup and just restore all my programs, settings etc...
  10. Restoring Backup to New Machine

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Backup to New Machine: Hello, I have small home based business and I have a computer that has all my software for accounting, orders etc. I paid a consultant good money to set and configure all that. He also said he put 2 drives that copy on each other so if one go bad, the other takes over. Have...