Windows 10: Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit

Discus and support Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to run backup of my laptop using File History Option. I am having Windows 10 64 Bit installed. I took last file history backup on 8th June... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit

I am trying to run backup of my laptop using File History Option. I am having Windows 10 64 Bit installed. I took last file history backup on 8th June 2019.

I have selected following Options.

1.Backup C (580 GB) and D Drives (12.8 GB) No Folders excluded.

2. Backup to a 1 TB USB Drive. (354 GB Free of 931 GB) - It mainly contains my last 8th June File History Basckup.

3. Keep Previous Versions till Space is needed.

4. Run Backup Every Month. However I ran it today manually clicking run now option.

However every time I run the process, it completes within 15 minutes (I expect it will run for a few hours). No backup is done and the process brings back the "Run Now" option. Last Backed up version on external drive remains the one on 8th June 19. I find only older files within. No updates are done.

I clicked advanced version and tried to see Event / Error Log. I get message error creating Snap on. No Error Log is Found.

Why is file history backup not running and Why am I unable to backup? Why error log is not getting created?

Screen Shot of File History run Page and Snap on Error Creation page are attached Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit 8c1b8c7d-ffb9-47a7-b984-184fef63ddd6?upload=true.png Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit a03e33b8-dc9c-446a-9c93-7babe31d32cd?upload=true.png

:)

Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Jun 27, 2019

2. I run Win 10 32 bit on a 64 bit machine. I want to download 64 bit and install to a new drive.

If you are replacing the existing drive currently running Windows 10 32 bit, yes, you can directly install Windows 10 64 bit from the outset.

Please note, you will have to backup, restore your files then reinstall applications and drivers.

How to Set Up and Configure File History in Windows 10 - groovyPost

Review steps to migrate to from 32 bit Windows 10 to Windows 10 64 bit:

How to: Switch from 32 bit versions of Windows to Windows 10
    64 bit

Andre Da Costa, Jun 27, 2019
  3. File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

• Press Windows key+I.

• Click on Update and security.

• On the left pane, click on backup and select on under automatically back up my files.

• Click on more option under on button.

• Select every hour (default) under back up my files.

• Select forever (default) under keep my files.

Also refer the link below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

Also work in Windows 10

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit

64 BIT

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit

1. Backup using File History - Windows 10 64 Bit - Similar Threads - Backup using File

2. Use File History for backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use File History for backup: Hello everyone, I had some problems with my windows 10 computer. The manufacturer support asked me to reset my computer and to reinstall windows on it. That is what I did but before deleting every bit of data I had on my computer, I did a backup to restore my files after...
  3. I use File history for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I use File history for backup: To a drive on my LAN, if my computer crashes how do I get my files back to my new computer? V2004 B19041.685 171493
  4. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: For the first time in a long time, I cannot backup my files. I have Windows 10. I am using Backup using File History. In the Overview, it states 0 bytes on my external hard drive even though this is not true. Total space is 1.81 TB. I have tried "stop using the drive" and...
  5. Backup Using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup Using File History: I wanted to clean up my backup hdd and I deleted the folder File History. Now, if I say Backup Now in Backup Using File History, it says last backup …, it goes for 1 second and returns to cancel. How can I get Backup Using File History to work again without reinstalling...
  6. Windows backup using File History

Windows backup using File History: The backup function does not appear to be working as it should. As can be seen in the screen shot, the last backup was on May 8th and today is May 19th. The utility is set to backup daily and keep files for one month. Question: Why is it not backing up daily? [ATTACH] I...
  7. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: I use File History in Win 10 to back up my files to a 500GB WD My Passport portable hard drive. I also use WD SmartWare installed from the WD drive to back up my files. This seems redundant and maybe overkill. Is it safe to rely solely on File History which would allow...
  8. Windows 10 backup using File History

Windows 10 backup using File History: I'm trying to set up Windows 10 bckup using File History. It won't let me add folders under C:/users/public for the backup. Any idea why/ how to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-using-file-history/8564780f-eded-40b6-b0d8-029789033448
  9. Backup using file history

Backup using file history: I am attempting to backup to my external drive using file history, I have done this many times before with no problem, but now it would appear file history does not see my external drive leaving a Red X after the drive name. Not had any problem before & I am using the same...
  10. Backup using File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup using File History: Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups? 62035