Windows 10: backup using multiple softwares

Discus and support backup using multiple softwares in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by marr26, Jun 23, 2022.

1. marr26 Win User

backup using multiple softwares

Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it possible to backupand lets say I wanted to restore later in different software. For example, I backup my laptop using Macrium Reflect. Later when I wanted to restore, I used different software because I have trouble with using Macrium Reflect. Is it possible to do so, or I must use the same software to restore the backu

:)

marr26, Jun 23, 2022
  2. SIW2 Win User

Software to backup windows

I suggest Aomei Backupper. It is very simple to use. The free ( standard version) will be fine.

Under the backup Tab, click System backup, then at Step 2 , browse to the location you want to save the backup image. Then click "Start Backup"

backup using multiple softwares [​IMG]

Download it from here:

Best Windows Backup and Restore Software | AOMEI Backupper

3. zbook Win User
    Is there a software that can keep your pc clean, fix it etc

There is no single software application that can perform all of the desired steps.

There are multiple software that can perform steps but the unexpected can always happen.

These are some suggested software:

1) Run the Dell software to update drivers, software, and BIOS
    2) Run the Dell diagnostics to check hardware
    3) Run Ccleaner to clean (modify the boxes to specify what is and is not cleaned)
    Use the software to clean windows and applications.
    Don't use the tool to clean the registry.
    4) Make a backup image in case there are unexpected problems

zbook, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. backup using multiple softwares - Similar Threads - backup using multiple

2. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  3. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  4. Which backup software do you use?

Which backup software do you use?: Which backup software do you use to create backup of your windows 10 files and folder? I used file history and it is not showing any progress bar and taking a lot of time to create a backup of 34 gb files and folders...
  5. Backup of multiple drives

Backup of multiple drives: Backup seems to only be backing up the C: drive. I have 2 other external hard drives as well as an additions internal drive I would like to back up. How can I setup the backup facility to cover drives D: K: L: ?...
  6. Is backup software a gimmick ????

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is backup software a gimmick ????: What I understand about backup is you copy the files to another storage medium. Simply selecting the files and then copy-and-paste and then that should do it...... Why there is often what so-called backup software? They may even charge. Why do we need those software? 118784
  7. Tape backup software

Tape backup software: What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of all the machines here at home, but dd isn't the best of backup utilities *Smile I can't afford a PetaByte disk array so...
  8. Multiple Backup Sets Using Windows Backup

Multiple Backup Sets Using Windows Backup: I am using "Windows 7" Backup. This is not about "Create a System Image" feature or any third-party software. I noticed that my backup drive now has many "Backup Sets" under the <My Computer Name>. I think I understand that a "Backup Set" should contain a Full backup and...
  9. What software to use to backup my files?

What software to use to backup my files?: Hello, What do others use to backup their files other than File History? File History is not dependable. Without going into what I mean and how to attempt to fix it, I just want to use a dependable product to backup my files. Thanks in advance Stu 65416
  10. Multiple System Images using Backup & Restore - advice?

Multiple System Images using Backup & Restore - advice?: I have a requirement for a machine that can easily be reimaged to various versions of Windows (all 32 bit). This PC gets lent out, to be reimaged on return. It is also used as a reference machine for support purposes, so the systems should be 'pure' Microsoft (meaning Backup...