Windows 10: Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Has anyone done this? The question could be strung out to backing up "any" unsupported file system. So the partition will appear as unpartioned space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Chrysalis, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect

Has anyone done this? The question could be strung out to backing up "any" unsupported file system. So the partition will appear as unpartioned space instead of unsupported file system which is what set of my alarm bells. I am thinking to back up using the full sector backup option not the intelligent backup and hoping that would effectively clone it to an image even though reflect doesnt recognise the filesystem. Is my line of thought correct? Googling only yielded people doing clones rather than image backups.

:)

Chrysalis, Jul 31, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 31, 2021
  3. OldNavyGuy, Jul 31, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

Macrium Reflect Backup Failures

Macrium offers the option of verifying your images when they're created, if you check that box when creating your instruction file.

Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect [​IMG]

Otherwise, you could open Macrium, go to the restore tab, navigate to your most recent image and run Verify on it, to be sure it's good.

No, you must find the exact path that's listed in the RKILL log. Do you have show hidden files and folders enabled?

It is, and I can't tell from the Tweaking forum if he ever included reparse/junction fixes, but the guys at Bleeping Computer would know.

simrick, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Backup VMFS image

2. Creating a fresh backup image weekly - Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating a fresh backup image weekly - Macrium Reflect: Windows 10 Home v1909 Used MR to create a backup image a month or so ago. Today I tried to create a fresh image backup, think it would overwrite the existing image with new files etc or wipe the Caddy HD clean to create a new image. But it told me I had run out of space...
  3. Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.

Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.: Hi, I have Macrium's retention policy set to delete images older than 7 weeks, but it is not deleting them. I have at least two images it should purge before starting a new backup. It says '2 sets found', then 'nothing to delete' - even though the two oldest images were made...
  4. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  5. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  8. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File: I think I understand the idea behind the Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File. It saves backup settings so you don’t need to re-enter them. What I don’t get is how it’s supposed to be used over time. Right now I create a new one every time I do a full backup and then use it...