Windows 10: backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

Discus and support backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jps99, Jul 21, 2020.

1. jps99 Win User

backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer
    is windows pro 64 bit UEFI.
    I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

jps99, Jul 21, 2020
  2. jps99 Win User

What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer
    is windows pro 64 bit UEFI.
    I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr.
    Thanks for any help.

jps99, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User

I use one of those drives for backup. You can format the drive as you wish - I use NTFS. I recommend using Macrium Reflect Free for full system backups as do many on the forum.

Steve C, Jul 21, 2020
  4. jps99 Win User

Thanks guys for your help.
    Windows version # 1909 (os Build 18363.959)
    I just want to backup the entire contents of the windows 10 ssd.
    No cloning.
    The Segate bup Slim usb ssd is not cooperating.
    As far as Macrium Reflect is concerned it must be to complicated for
    me. I have tried it several times.
    I will try to follow your suggestions.

jps99, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

1. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive - Similar Threads - backups usb seagate

2. Seagate Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  3. Seagate drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate drive backup: I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can anyone suggest s solution. I've re-formatted the drive but to avail....
  4. No visibility in Disk Manager of USB backup drive

No visibility in Disk Manager of USB backup drive: I bought a 2.5 inch 1Tb drive to serve as a recovery device. It is connected via a SATA/USB adapter to a USB port on the rear panel of the PC. It is not visible in File Manager, the Disk Managaer aplet, Device Manager, nor is it appearing in the UEFI BIOS. The BIOS settings...
  5. Windows10 Pro 2004 or Home does not Recognize Seagate 1TB BUP Slim HDD NTFS but Ubuntu...

Windows10 Pro 2004 or Home does not Recognize Seagate 1TB BUP Slim HDD NTFS but Ubuntu...: HI I have Music and videos copied on a Seagate from both Ubuntu and previously on Win7. I have not been able to used it on any of WIN10 PC and laptop but its been working fine on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and earlier versions laptop. To get around I use the Ubuntu laptop to share...
  6. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  7. Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive: Hi, I've been facing this problem for a long time now. Tried many options mentioned in various forums on the same topic but could not find a resolution that could work for me. Here is a brief description of my problem: 1) My Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB is showing up...
  8. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  9. Bup slim bk disconnecting itself

Bup slim bk disconnecting itself: I have been trying to repair it but everything says its find no drive and the icon for it being plugged into the usb port disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bup-slim-bk-disconnecting-itself/1a4a54f7-09b9-410f-ab27-87773b544462
  10. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...