Windows 10: Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

Discus and support Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FranknTaken, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc.

:)

FranknTaken, Sep 25, 2022

2. Headphones not showing up as separate playback device, bad quality audio

Hi Anna,

The bad quality audio that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, an outdated audio driver, a missing audio driver, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Have you tried updating your audio driver? If not, kindly do so by following the steps in this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2022
  4. dirtbikr Win User

Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

Bad audio-quality over A2DP

Wanted to bump this again...

I'm running the mango beta right now and the A2DP audio quality is just lacking still. It sounds tinny, compressed, and just all around bad. I was curious if this would be fixed before the mango final ships or not, as I really want to use my wireless headphones
    again...

My setup:

• HTC Arrive running mango beta 2
    • Motorola S9-HD headphones
    • All songs are 320kbps CBR MP3 or VBR V0 rips
    • All songs sound excellent over wired headphones on the arrive, and they sound great on my iPod Touch over these wireless headphones.
    I had a HTC Touch Pro II before this, and the workaround for the audio was to increase the bitpool and bitrate settings in the registry. The audio quality I have right now on my Arrive is reminiscent of my Touch Pro before I increased those settings, and frankly
    it's a terrible representation of what these headphones are capable of...

I have also tested these headphones on a family member's Arrive running NoDo and a friend running mango beta 2 on the HTC HD7 and they all sound the same. My source files are fine, I'm a happy camper when I have wired headphones in, but I want to get away from
    that... The sooner I can drop my iPod, the happier I will be...

dirtbikr, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

1. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bad Audio Quality

2. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  3. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  4. Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-audio-quality-lucidsound-headphones/03987c98-bace-4b2b-bd19-26c6a1dbab92
  5. Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality Lucidsound Headphones: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-audio-quality-lucidsound-headphones/03987c98-bace-4b2b-bd19-26c6a1dbab92
  6. Bad Quality Audio since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Quality Audio since upgrading to Windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 on Monday and ever since the audio quality has become weak and quite metallic sounding, like an old radio. I've tried updating my drivers and troubleshooting for any audio problems, but it's saying my drivers are up to date and no...
  7. Audio quality kinda bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quality kinda bad?: After I removed all of my bluetooth audios, my old headphones and my recent speaker, I noticed how my audio quality with my headphones got kinda less bass and i can barely hear it. Is there something wrong with it? I need help please....
  8. Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality

Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality: Hello I am trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop using a BT dongle. when I plug the dongle and turn on the headset, it automatically pairs with windows but has a poor quality. I can see two different items in device manager named "headset, hands-free" and...
  9. bad quality audio in videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad quality audio in videos: I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced another problem. I was able to hear the audio for my microphone clearly, but the game audio is choppy. Moreover I can hear my...
  10. BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality

BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality: Hi all ,whenever I use my Bluetooth headphones it is extremely bad quality. It says connected as "voice", I have tried updating drivers it says you have the latest drivers installed. I tried unchecking hands free telephony but when I go to sound settings my headphones are...